Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what to do @ 245k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do @ 245k

my 90ex i just bought has 245k on it. Im confident its still strong although it does have a light tapping sound from engine. It did pass smog and has no leaks( that i have seen). there is old oil around under the distributor. perhaps dizzy seal or something? Anyways, what do you all suggest i perform to the car to help it out like seals or something

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Originally posted by evo90ex View Post
    my 90ex i just bought has 245k on it. Im confident its still strong although it does have a light tapping sound from engine. It did pass smog and has no leaks( that i have seen). there is old oil around under the distributor. perhaps dizzy seal or something? Anyways, what do you all suggest i perform to the car to help it out like seals or something
    replace the seals? the dizzy o ring is prob. shot. thats an easy fix. take dizzy off and remove petrified o ring and slide new one on. Idk 245K is high mileage regardless if the car was taken care of or not. Might need a rebuild soon, since it is kinda high. Unless you have meticulous records, I would just make sure the basics are covered such as fluids, belts are good, timing belt especially.

If it passed emissions, thats a good sign. The tapping could just mean it needs a valve adjustment. But first and foremost, change out all the fluids w/ fresh stuff....and check all the little things you can.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

That is most likely the distributor o-ring...and is a sign your other seals need to be replace...or it was missed...prolly means your t-belt is due/over due.

This is an interference engine btw.

I hope you know when the t-belt was done last. If not...do it. AND all the seals [crank, oil pump, cam, valve cover, upper spark plug seals, lower spark plug orings, rear main but you'd have to take out the tranny for it so maybe not], water pump, t-belt pulley and tensioners,

ALL your fluids, switch to synthetic after replacing the seals, including tranny fluid if manual, FLUSH don't just drain and fill if you have an auto...basically drain and fill 2-3x's to get the fluid red or almost red when it comes out...then do no more d&f's...

tighten the muffler bearings up, and fill the headlight fluid sorry that was lame...

seriously also maybe an alignmt.?

wouldn't recommend a power build unless you rebuild the engine...but for long lasting just do the maint. items.
      ____

Comment

I have a 90 EX with 242k and did a valve adjustment with my timing belt job and it quieted down dramatically.

Comment

change fluids especially oil and coolant to prevent blowing a head gasket.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Everything mentioned above, but also check your thermostat, replace your air filter, fuel filter, pcv valve, and a complete fluid flush, brake, power steering, coolant, transmission, & oil. Clean out your egr ports, and also have your fuel injectors cleaned & flow balanced. Due the most critical things first, and work on the list, while maintaining proper service intervals, and you will have a damn reliable car you can be proud of.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I just picked up a CB7 tonight with 261k. I'm going to take you guys' advice too.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Besides the drive train I'd take a close look at CV boots, and the upper control arm and lower ball joints, make sure the brake lines look ok too safety being more important than just running. If you take it in for an alignment any decent shop, or a crappy one trying to oversell will take a look at these parts.

Comment

or buy from tasauto, or other stores...though I'd recommend tasauto first...I got a good price from them!

Then all you pay for is parts and the alignment...you would nee an alignment after replacing ball joints.
                  ____

Comment

This is probably a thread jack and I'm sorry for doing so but:

How much is a usual valve adjustment for our CBs?

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

too bad your not in SoCal. Josue could do it for you for good price

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Comment

imho, the following should be done after purchase of used car. reguardless of milage.

coolent change
                        transmission fluid change
                        oil change
                        all filters change
                        all belts change
                        valve adjustment
                        fuel tank flush
                        injector cleaner
                        alignment
                        tire balance
                        brake inspection
                        charging system check
                        suspension check
                        Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
                        Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
                        No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

agree. and a detail clean

Comment

Working...
                          X