Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car shakes when pressing clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car shakes when pressing clutch

I've had this problem ever since I bought the car. When I first test drove it, I was driving in a parking lot (slow speed). Whenever I'd press the clutch in to slow for a speed bump, the oil light would start going on and it would die. You'd have to keep revving the car to keep it alive. Then we took it to a mechanic and he fixed something in the idle and it rode fine for a little.

I took the car home from San Diego to Los Angeles (about 100 miles or so), and when I had to start driving on the side streets coming to stops, the car would start shaking whenever I pressed the clutch in. If I'm at a stop and I press the clutch to go in first gear, the car shakes and the oil light starts coming on. Sometimes it shakes really bad. If I let go of the clutch while I'm in neutral the car idles fine (no shaking). It only starts happening after a few miles of driving. It seems like the more the engine is warmed up, the worse the shaking gets.

My mom's mechanic (who works for American Honda) said it's the clutch and I would probably need to change my throwout bearing as well. The thing is, the car shifts fine all day long. Maybe on some downshifts when the revs are lower and I shift to 2nd or back to 1st is when the car will shake really quick. The worst is when I'm at a stop and I'm idling and press the clutch in.

I'm willing to change the clutch if that's the problem. But if it's not and it's just an idling problem or something I don't want to fork over a bunch of money and the problem is still gonna be there.

Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks!

wow!!! man im going throught the same problem as u right now dude not even funny. it seems like when i have the clutch all the way in. it seems af if the clutch is engaging even though its all the way pressed in. on mine i have to use the e break and rev up at a stop. im thinking its my master clutch cylinder if there is one.. i dunno

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139263

Comment

It sounds to me like it is the throwout bearing.

Although... why is your oil light coming on?
      -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
      if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
      Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by wallycb7 View Post
        wow!!! man im going throught the same problem as u right now dude not even funny. it seems like when i have the clutch all the way in. it seems af if the clutch is engaging even though its all the way pressed in. on mine i have to use the e break and rev up at a stop. im thinking its my master clutch cylinder if there is one.. i dunno
        Either you have a leak in your line somewhere, your master cylinder is going out, or you need to bleed your clutch.

Do them in this order

Check line for leak
        Bleed
        Replace Master Cylinder (EXPENSIVE)

if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

i think it's coming on cuz the car wants to die. You know when you first learned to drive stick, the oil light would sometimes flicker on when you're not getting out of first gear with enough gas.

Comment

Originally posted by H0ndaSpyd3rLM View Post
            Either you have a leak in your line somewhere, your master cylinder is going out, or you need to bleed your clutch.

Do them in this order

Check line for leak
            Bleed
            Replace Master Cylinder (EXPENSIVE)
            how much is it to replace a master cylinder?

I've had two mechanics now say it's the clutch/throwout bearing. One drove it, and the other one, I just told him all the symptoms. He said it might be a bent clutch disc.

I just don't understand why it's fine in the beginning, and when the car has been driven a while is when it starts acting up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kla6 View Post
              how much is it to replace a master cylinder?

I've had two mechanics now say it's the clutch/throwout bearing. One drove it, and the other one, I just told him all the symptoms. He said it might be a bent clutch disc.

I just don't understand why it's fine in the beginning, and when the car has been driven a while is when it starts acting up.
              Your first gear is the hardest to get into because you start out into it at a low rpm. Every other gear gets to be shifted 2grand and up.

I would check for a leak on your clutch line.

If leak
              Fix it.

If no leak
              Bleed Clutch line.

Did fix problem - yes.
              Problem solved.

Did fix problem - no.
              Have your throwout bearing and clutch disk/pressure plate inspected.

Hope it helps.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

resurface clutch plate? jsut an idea
                Accord SE

93se
                Members Ride
                Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

I think you have a leak some where. Check all of your lines for leaks and inspect the master cylinder and slave cylinder.

Comment

i dnt think i have a leak. fluids dnt go low

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139263

Comment

Your first gear is the hardest to get into because you start out into it at a low rpm. Every other gear gets to be shifted 2grand and up.

I would check for a leak on your clutch line.

If leak
                      Fix it.

If no leak
                      Bleed Clutch line.

Did fix problem - yes.
                      Problem solved.

Did fix problem - no.
                      Have your throwout bearing and clutch disk/pressure plate inspected.

Hope it helps.
                      sorry.. I meant it's fine when I start up the car and drive away. Everything is cool. Pressing the clutch is fine. But once I've been driving a while and everything gets warmed up is when the problems arise.

Comment

It sounds to me like it is the throwout bearing.

Although... why is your oil light coming on?
                        I'd say throwout bearing as well. I know that's the problem with mine, and that's pretty much what my car did.

The oil light may be coming on because the car is stalling, or coming close to stalling. When the car is stalled with the power on, all the dash lights come on.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                          I'd say throwout bearing as well. I know that's the problem with mine, and that's pretty much what my car did.

The oil light may be coming on because the car is stalling, or coming close to stalling. When the car is stalled with the power on, all the dash lights come on.
                          I heard if I change the throwout bearing, I might as well change the clutch. True?

Comment

I haven't heard anything on that degree. I know when you change the clutch, changing the throwout bearing is a recommended step.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Working...
                            X