Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Flat spotted tires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat spotted tires.

So, Some dope pulls out right in front of me the other day. I was going @ 65 on 2 lane luckily with nothing coming the other way. I still had to jam on the brake to get slowed down enough to get over without redesigning my front end. Now my 2 fronts are flat spotted so bad that I cant drink coke while driving my car cause I will start foaming at the mouth. This thing is shakin' like a pomeranian passing a peach seed. Is there any way to true the tires off again, or are they done? They are pretty new, and dont have many miles on them. I'd hate to have to replace them.
    My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

If it's not too bad, you might be able to have them shaved down... It sounds pretty bad, though!

You could always put those on the back. The vibrations aren't nearly as bad that way. I have bent wheels, and I leave them on the rear. Well, now all 4 are pretty banged up... but still... lol

Comment

I ad to replace mine. maybe a quick burnout to cut the corners?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
        I ad to replace mine. maybe a quick burnout to cut the corners?
        I guess a burnout would be the poor man's way of shaving them down...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          Quick, cheap, and easy. thats how i like my cars.

Comment

I thought about a burnout but I figured they would start to bounce, and somehow just make things worse. The tires are like $85 each. I guess I will have to find out how much shaving and rebalancing will cost, compared to 2 new ones.
            My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

Did you get road hazard coverage when you bought the tires? You might be able to have them replaced...

Comment

Originally posted by 93accdpj View Post
                I thought about a burnout but I figured they would start to bounce, and somehow just make things worse. The tires are like $85 each. I guess I will have to find out how much shaving and rebalancing will cost, compared to 2 new ones.
                just pour oil on the ground and hold the e-brake. it won't bounce......

might as well make a video of it while you're at it and post it, lol. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Same thing happened to me a few years ago and once last summer. The 1st time around it wasnt too bad they got even by the next oil change since i ended up pumping my brakes so the tires would still rotate.

The second time around i ended up just replacing them luckily i picked up the wheels and tires for cheap. So it wasn't like i lost out.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                  Frost White Member 13
                  My Ride
                  "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    haha yeah that mite work, but without abs on the early cb7's if you lock up the brakes the tires will "skid" on the pavement. its just like when u lock the brakes on your bicycle as a kid to make skid marks. it wears the tires down prematurely in one spot, and you will need to replace them.
                    I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Light em up...
                      Last edited by eazyduzit509; 04-27-2009, 12:33 AM.

Comment

suffer through the vibs so you don't waste your tread

I don't think you car is burnout ready...stock engines are not designed for the maintained high revs that takes...your engine take the chance if you want

check if you have road hazard...or replace them
                        Last edited by bcjammerx; 04-26-2009, 11:48 PM.
                        ____

Comment

yeah that really sucks you dont have ABS, But the burnout seems like the best idea. I doubt there's any other way to fix it.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

shave them.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Smoke them bad boys

Comment

Working...
                              X