Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

to buy or to not to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to buy or to not to buy

whats goin on eveyone i came across a 91 accord for 1000 firm price guy says theres 3xx,000 on the body and 90,000 on the motor its clean inside and out but tags are expired he said it runs good no over heating or nothing but it sounds to good to be true

I dunno man, I paid 850 for my 92 5 speed with 200k I dunno if Id trust someone that says theres a lower milage engine unless he can provide documentation but thats just me

Comment

Originally posted by FreQ13 View Post
      I dunno man, I paid 850 for my 92 5 speed with 200k I dunno if Id trust someone that says theres a lower milage engine unless he can provide documentation but thats just me

ya thats what im sayin my friend bought his 93 4door 5speed for 1500 with low miles but im goin to take a look at it tommorow morning ill let yall know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by FreQ13 View Post
        yeah i agree and another thing if it is nice in and out and the motor has 90,000 or so he says why would he let it go for just 1000 i mean i wouldnt if it was me

Comment

[QUOTE=RUBIO123RD;2048724]yeah i agree and another thing if it is nice in and out and the motor has 90,000 or so he says why would he let it go for just 1000 i mean i wouldnt if it was me[QUOTE]

very good point here cause if it had low miles like that it would normally be much higher in price i got my 92 4dr auto for 900 with 199k on it and it the motor went just befor 203k which started the process in me doing a swap .

Comment

i bought my 1991 ex 4dr 5 speed with 140,000 for 750 with sun roof

Comment

Originally posted by RUBIO123RD View Post
              yeah i agree and another thing if it is nice in and out and the motor has 90,000 or so he says why would he let it go for just 1000 i mean i wouldnt if it was me
              A lot of things that would make someone sell a car for a certain price. Maybe they are getting a new car and only have room for 1 and just want to get rid of it?

And whats with the pic in your post that has nothing to do with the question?
              Last edited by AbsurdNY; 05-13-2009, 09:59 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
              Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
              My member's ride

Comment

Your best bet is to examine the car completly. then decide if its a good deal. if you think its woth it get it. if not break the price down and see what you can come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                  Your best bet is to examine the car completly. then decide if its a good deal. if you think its woth it get it. if not break the price down and see what you can come up with.

well i looked i drove it drives really smooth got some get up and go only down fall is i would just need new shocks cuz the 2 front ones are blown but ill change em when i buy my skunk2 coilover set and it just needs a good wash and detail it looked like it just has been sitting. just alil bit of work here and there and it will be all good so im going to get it friday wish me luck yall!

Comment

Ask him why he's selling it and see if his story makes sense to you.

Also, ask him how he decided to charge $1000 for it. Who has owned it before? How long has he owned it.

Ask him "if you were buying this car, what would you like to know about it--what kind of problems might I expect in the near future?."

Ask him what happened to the original engine. could give you a clue.

Getting some of the back story is helpful in judging a used car deal from a private party/ understanding their motivation. A really skilled liar can make up a whole story but most people are not that devious that they can or want to hide something if you ask a whole series of questions.

Sometimes sellers just want to get rid of something and don't perceive a lot of value in the car so they lowball the price.

You'll know pretty quick if you trust the guy and if the story holds up.

If it *really* needs new shocks, that's like $300 right there to pay for it being done, and that could account for the low price.

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                      Ask him why he's selling it and see if his story makes sense to you.

Also, ask him how he decided to charge $1000 for it. Who has owned it before? How long has he owned it.

Ask him "if you were buying this car, what would you like to know about it--what kind of problems might I expect in the near future?."

Ask him what happened to the original engine. could give you a clue.

Getting some of the back story is helpful in judging a used car deal from a private party/ understanding their motivation. A really skilled liar can make up a whole story but most people are not that devious that they can or want to hide something if you ask a whole series of questions.

Sometimes sellers just want to get rid of something and don't perceive a lot of value in the car so they lowball the price.

You'll know pretty quick if you trust the guy and if the story holds up.

If it *really* needs new shocks, that's like $300 right there to pay for it being done, and that could account for the low price.

well hes the 2nd owner he told me that he never had problems with the car b4 and after he had a shop put a new F22 in it only thing is he said he has no need for the car i could see that it was taking up space since he had alot of nice cars in his drive way but he was really up front to me about what it needs not very much just some TLC , he also was saying the car just has been sitting too but anyways i bought it love the ride home bout to give it a good tune up tommorow morning n get it goin

Comment

ask questions like mentioned before and carfax
                        look for front end and rear end uneveness.
                        bargain and haggle... glwb
                        JDMish R34-ed cb7 - SOLD!!
                        Integra GS-R -

Comment

Yeah i would get a carfax.. .theres a guy on herew with free carfax reports... but i think he only has it till june. He has a thread posted on here!

Comment

Originally posted by CBkid93 View Post
                            well hes the 2nd owner he told me that he never had problems with the car b4 and after he had a shop put a new F22 in it only thing is he said he has no need for the car i could see that it was taking up space since he had alot of nice cars in his drive way but he was really up front to me about what it needs not very much just some TLC , he also was saying the car just has been sitting too but anyways i bought it love the ride home bout to give it a good tune up tommorow morning n get it goin

Congratulations, good luck with the car and enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                              Congratulations, good luck with the car and enjoy it!
                              thanks man im gona DO WORK on it

Comment

Working...
                              X