Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

camber kit problem!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camber kit problem!!!!

i got some camber kits of ebay and they work just fine but the thing i have a problem with is that the camber hit the wheel well. i was thinking about cutting the wheel well or is there like a shorter upper ball and joint assembly that would fit my 91 honda accord???? or does anyone have other idears???

What brand did you get?

Comment

i think everyone that uses the ball-joint style camber kit encounters this problem. im waiting to air hammer that particular area outward as far as i can, but for now i just used a hand held hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by alkoholikwun View Post
        i think everyone that uses the ball-joint style camber kit encounters this problem. im waiting to air hammer that particular area outward as far as i can, but for now i just used a hand held hammer.
        Oboy yeah ........

I gotta get somethin else myself .. soon.
        But, it does ride nice

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

ummmm shit, lol its one of those no name brands i guess lol, but its not a ball and joint kit its the other one. the one that mount on.

Comment

How much did these no-name-brand camber ball joints cost you?

If you have an O'Reilly Auto parts store in town they carry a MOOG upper ball joint that is offset for camber. They also have camber kits for our cars that go on the ends of the upper control arm and bolt to the body allowing your upper control arm to slide inwards or outwards.

I've not had one clearance issue and I have no camber problems. Only this is that these parts are GOOD, and quality parts have a price. the camber kit per side is around 90 bucks. They also carry an Eibach Pro-Alignment Camber Kit for a little over 200.

Be safe and try and steer clear of suspension parts that could put in you danger.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
              Be safe and try and steer clear of suspension parts that could put in you danger.
              The best advice anyone could ever give.

ALL camber kits will cause the arm to make contact with the wheel well. Either bang out the wheel well, or run a small amount of negative camber to avoid contact. Or just deal with it...

Comment

Originally posted by jerrym88 View Post
                i got some camber kits of ebay and they work just fine but the thing i have a problem with is that the camber hit the wheel well. i was thinking about cutting the wheel well or is there like a shorter upper ball and joint assembly that would fit my 91 honda accord???? or does anyone have other idears???

i got camber kit with tein suspension and the upper control arm is hitting, i just take out the upper arm and grinde it down (1/8-1/4")and no more hitting, problem solve i didnt have this problem with the stock upper arm, after i got this upper arm from ebay, that's when this problem starts

Last edited by Sleeper00; 06-12-2009, 09:41 AM.

Comment

that'll work for the anchor style kits. not the ball joint kits. there is a nut on top of the ball joint that hits.

Comment

i got anchor kit not ball joint kit, i think he's having problem with anchor kit

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      The best advice anyone could ever give.

ALL camber kits will cause the arm to make contact with the wheel well. Either bang out the wheel well, or run a small amount of negative camber to avoid contact. Or just deal with it...
                      dont just deal with it, if u dont know how to find a way to fix it, just take it to the shop and pay some1 to fix it, if u dont know what u doing

Comment

The thing is, nothing is REALLY going to fix it, other than returning the car to stock height.

But yes, dealing with it is the worst option. Nothing is dumber than letting your upper ball joints get whacked around constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                          The thing is, nothing is REALLY going to fix it, other than returning the car to stock height.

But yes, dealing with it is the worst option. Nothing is dumber than letting your upper ball joints get whacked around constantly.
                          well i just showed him how he can fix this little problem, y ppl reply WITHOUT any helps and tell him to deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper00 View Post
                            i got camber kit with tein suspension and the upper control arm is hitting, i just take out the upper arm and grinde it down (1/8-1/4")and no more hitting, problem solve i didnt have this problem with the stock upper arm, after i got this upper arm from ebay, that's when this problem starts
                            i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/MugenR00/DSC00608.jpg
                            i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/MugenR00/DSC00607.jpg
                            whoa...you cut a shit load of material off there man

we need to get someone to make shorter knuckles...that'd fix it...course no one would be able to afford them
                            ____

Comment

You don't have to shave much. That's a common solution. Just not one I reccommend, because that part of the arm is already pretty thin... I wouldn't weaken that metal any more! It holds the ball joint, afterall...

And shorter knuckles would change the geometry. Someone would have to redesign the whole front suspension.

Comment

Working...
                              X