Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cold Air Intake and Catback exhaust question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with dufus ^

You won't get close to 150HP with simple straight bolt-ons.

3 Ways to get some power

- Forced Induction
    - Naturally Aspirated Build
    - Engine Swap

Otherwise , do what your heart's desire.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by PIMPCORD View Post
      Yes , I'm aware of he's not hungry for power yet (i'm sure he will be hungury). My point was to educate some people that simple bolt-ons won't get an engine to increase up to 25HP. Lot's of misleading information has been detected here.
      even if he is power hungry the bolt ons with help the engine breath so it doesnt kill its self making that power

Comment

Originally posted by PIMPCORD View Post
        Yes , I'm aware of he's not hungry for power yet (i'm sure he will be hungury). My point was to educate some people that simple bolt-ons won't get an engine to increase up to 25HP. Lot's of misleading information has been detected here.
        At least not on these cars, some things however do have hidden power just wanting to be unlocked.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by cb7emokid View Post
          even if he is power hungry the bolt ons with help the engine breath so it doesnt kill its self making that power
          You forgot one thing.

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
          At least not on these cars, some things however do have hidden power just wanting to be unlocked.
          Bisimoto.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
            You forgot one thing.

Bisimoto.
            i dont know anyone else who would have the money for anything like that

Comment

you guys are morons. almost any engine has potential. quit arguing.

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                you guys are morons. almost any engine has potential. quit arguing.
                lol...i think i already posted that on the first page

Comment

f22 sohc non vtec ftw!!!
                  I LOVE My CB7

Comment

You have to pay to play, on an f22a1, adding an cold air intake, and a catback is not going to net you an extra 25 crank hp. Now a cold air intake, bisimoto header, and custom exhaust, might net you an additional 25crank then.

Engines are air pumps, the more air you can get into the combustion chamber, the more fuel you can dump, and that produces your power. Now if you were to port the exhaust side on the f22ax head, matched it with a good cam, intake, exhaust, & tune should put you well beyond your 150 crank hp.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                    X