Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Buying 93 ex coupe 5spd need some feed back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying 93 ex coupe 5spd need some feed back

So i was looking around for an ex coupe for a while and i finally found one. The guy selling it says he put new engine with 106k, 2 new front tires, sway bars front and back,intake,headers, and full exhaust. The only problem is that it needs a new fuel pump for sure. So im going with the walbro 255lph. The price is 1000 but of course im going to try to lower the price couldnt hurt right?. Any ways is there anything else i should be looking into before i decided to make a full decision ?
    Thanks

wow. i'd get it.

drive it first of course and see if there's anything out of the ordinary.

1000 dollars. pretty cheap.

93 EX Coupe with 5-Speed?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

That does sound like a good deal, but I would rigorously check it out, especially for modifications. If everything checks out, get it, but don't be too greedy with the price. It's already a good deal for the mileage, that is, if everything is running fine.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Just go with a stock replacement fuel pump, getting that one will only waist money.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

a few ppl told me about walbro was the right way to go though ?

Comment

I think you should check the car out completely and then give him an offer. You stated that it needs a fuel pump. I wouldnt buy a car for $1,000 if I couldnt hear it run.

Comment

Hell yeah Id def buy it, sounds like a great deal, i would also fo with the stock pump as well, use the money elsewhere, mods wise
              Its more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle!

Comment

If you're not going turbo, there's no need for the Walbro pump.

Also, make sure that the main relay isn't bad. It's what turns the fuel pump on. It's very possible that the main relay crapped out, not the fuel pump (the relay is MUCH a more common part to fail, and the hot weather is when it goes out)

Comment

Unfortunately, i wanted to long to get the car. He find some sucker that paid like 1500 on the spot lol but im just going to work on mine for the time being

Comment

If the fuel pump really was bad, then you're better off. Changing the fuel pump requires a LOT of things to be replaced at this point. Once you drop that fuel tank, just about everything holding it up has most certainly rusted to shit. A friend of mine said he'd rather cut a hole in the metal of the trunk than drop the tank...

Comment

dang that was a reallly good deal my 92 costed alot more than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X