Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4 to 8hp gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 to 8hp gain?

So i was reading this thing on ebay where it eleminates the coolent lines into your intake, makeing your cold air intake a true cold air intake. Because it doesnt heat up the air going into your moter it says its a 4 to 8 hp gain and it shows dinos. Can anyone tell me if this works? im tempted to try it give me your opinions on the issue thx
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

post pics of this thing, and i say try it

Comment

there are no coolant lines on your "intake"
      there are coolant lines that run through your fitv that is connected to your throttle body, to regulate idle.
      these coolant lines can be bypassed, which helps reduce your intake temperatures. for free. but i doubt there is a 4-8 whp gain from it.

Comment

^^ agreed 4-8whp is highly unlikely.
        Maybe 0.5 to 1 at the most. Which isn't even noticeable.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

if it dose make the air going into the moter not as hot then there would be some type of an increase in hp i think im gunna try it just to see but i dont have an dino so i cant prove any increse http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-07...Q5fAccessories

Comment

you
            can
            do
            it
            for
            free

do
            not
            buy
            that

i dont know how to make it more clear.

Comment

Originally posted by speedofsound760 View Post
              if it dose make the air going into the moter not as hot then there would be some type of an increase in hp i think im gunna try it just to see but i dont have an dino so i cant prove any increse
              If you even half expect that it might increase power then a placebo dynomometer will detect that increase, even if a brake or inertial dynomometer won't...
              Regards from Oz,
              John.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                ^^ agreed 4-8whp is highly unlikely.
                Maybe 0.5 to 1 at the most. Which isn't even noticeable.
                I'd be surprised at even that small a gain. The amouint of heat involved is very small relative to the amount of cool air moving through the manifold at high velocity.

With a carburretored engine that uses a heated inlet manifold where a large % of the manifold wall is exposed to a substantial amount of heated coolant that is constantly replenished, then there would significant gains to be had from eliminating coolant flow...

Having said that, blocking or removing those hoses won't hurt, so long as you don't live in very cold climate in which case you risk icing up the throttle body, IACV, and / or FITV.
                Last edited by johnl; 07-16-2009, 07:39 AM.
                Regards from Oz,
                John.

Comment

Do not buy this...do it for free...I'm sure there's diy or something around here

there ARE coolant lines that run at the bottom of the TB, and to the IACV and the FITV. Leave those.

Unhook and loop around the ones going to the TB

You will NOT gain any hp though...
                  ____

Comment

15$ for a rubber hose and a fitting?
                    Originally posted by chessboxer
                    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Shove a bearing ball or short length of rod into any one of the tubes to block flow.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

hey i never said i was gunna buy it guys i was gunna by pass it. i have hose that will fit it. it cant hurt if it works and if it doesnt add horsepower then its not hard to put back to stock. its one of those things that could or could not work like the whole dampner belt deleat it could make a diff or not. but im willing to try every little bit adds up to alot in the end but hey im just trying to do with out a turbo set up. ive done a few and there getting boring i want to build a na moter no bs old school style plus you get more respect when you dont just go turbo. hell when i max out i might just supercharge it for the hell of it because i havent seen a cb7 supercharged humm........

Comment

If you want to go N/A, take a look at Cisco's CB's "HondaFan81"

White Project F22 non-VTEC SOHC Full Street

Red Project F22 non-VTEC SOHC "Mild"

All Motor Build General Information Thread

Comment

it cant hurt if it works and if it doesnt add horsepower then its not hard to put back to stock.
                            As with this being not really being worth the trouble to specifically go to to do it in the first place (I know, I've done it), it's also not really worth the trouble to undo it, unless you have to deal with icy conditions, in which case you shouldn't have done it in the first place...

plus you get more respect when you dont just go turbo. hell when i max out i might just supercharge it for the hell of it
                            But a turbocharger is just a supercharger not driven off the crankshaft...

You should build an engine according to the manner that best suits your purposes, not 'just to be different'...
                            Regards from Oz,
                            John.

Comment

you don't get respect for building N/A...or turbo...or supercharger..or anything.

You get respect for doing things properly.
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X