Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

? f22a1 to usdm f22b1 in my 92 lx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? f22a1 to usdm f22b1 in my 92 lx?

guys i need help im new too the honda world in general as you can tell from my sn. ive searched and ill i find is off topic conversations and people gettin ran into the ground about there ideas. im just looking for a how too on swapping a usdm f22b1 info my 92 lx coupe.. iff you dont have any helpful information please dont even say anything thanks

just wondering why your swapping to a f22b1? An f22a4/6 would be better.
    Freedom Is Not Free
    U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

i know that trust me.. but i have a burnt valve on my number 3 cylinder and too save downtime my buddy just pulled this engine out of his car too make room for a h22, so i got it for real cheap and was gonna toss it in there and build my a1 over time from the ground up. not looking for any big gains out of it just really need the car too be on the road while im getting evrything else worked out.

Comment

He has already expressed his disapproval of people being "ragged on" in another thread about the exact same subject.

Here's your how-to. It's a sticky in the Swaps section.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138663

I know you got your F22B1 as a cheap replacement... and that's really the only thing it's good for... to get your car running again. The head flows like crap, and the port design is such that it can't be modified to flow much better. The VTEC system is intended for fuel economy, and to sell cars... it's not performance oriented at all, like the H and B series VTEC systems. They do fairly well with turbo, but that's about the only way to make worthwhile power with an F22B1.

In general, we don't rag on people who HAVE this motor... we do our best to stop people from making the mistake of GETTING this motor, expecting an upgrade. We don't expect people to come here knowing everything... and when the kids see a VTEC motor that makes 145hp, as opposed to their 125hp non-VTEC motor, they think it's a good deal.

Comment

very understandable and thank you very much for your help i plan on usin this fite for plenty of information and giving any feedback that i can too others about what i learn as i go forward with this car.. thanks again

Comment

Unlike many newer members lately, you seem like you're willing to learn, willing to put in the work necessary, and capable of communicating intelligently. Welcome!

It's been rough around here lately... as we've been bombarded with questions written buy guys that seem like they spent all of their highschool English classes texting their girlfriends...

"yo i wnt 2 swap in da f22b1 n i dun kno wut 2 do cn sum1 help me cuz my boi sed it b ez 2 do??????????? thx" (followed by a BIG picture of thier ugly car... somehow, they can't type... but they figure out how to post a picture)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Unlike many newer members lately, you seem like you're willing to learn, willing to put in the work necessary, and capable of communicating intelligently. Welcome!

It must be because he has an rx7 (im assuming with the name rx7 boss lol). You have to be willing to learn or you blow your apex seals haha.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
              New people click here

Comment

That's the truth.

Hell, I've never owned an RX7, but I studied how to rebuild a rotary just because they fascinate me. I don't remember much of it, since I never used it... but I'd love to give it a shot someday. I love RX7s. All generations have grown on me...

Comment

thanks guys, i really appriciate averything. acually im rx7less right now but hoping too be able too trade this thing for a nice one. not bashing the cb7 guys at all cause i like the cars but rotaries are where its at for me..

Comment

Originally posted by rx7-boss View Post
                    thanks guys, i really appriciate averything. acually im rx7less right now but hoping too be able too trade this thing for a nice one. not bashing the cb7 guys at all cause i like the cars but rotaries are where its at for me..
                    Me to lol. Except I want both.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                    New people click here

Comment

I wouldn't mind a rotary myself... I nearly bought an FC convertible a little while ago (but it was repainted... very poorly... ) But the CB7 stays

Comment

ok guys i have a problem i had one of my buddies helpin me with the swap and now he destroyed my engine harness. can anyone help me. easy too read wiring diagrams or is there anyone in the cinci ohio region that would be willing too come out and give a guy a hand. i really need to get this car back on the road asap.

Comment

The best wiring diagrams there are would be in the manuals... you can find them in the sticky threads in this section.

Comment

thanks

Comment

has anyone had any problems with axle fitment in this swap since the engine is moved over about an inch total?

Comment

Working...
                              X