Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question for the experts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the experts.

okay well i submitted a thread about my car awhile back....it doesnt start, at all, doesnt seem like its firing at all....ive checked the fuel pump, injectors, spark plugs, main relay, even used a new distributor, and still nothing. everything works...and yet the car dont start...ive had like 6 mechanics come look at it, and only one got it to start and then it died...he said it was the distributor cuz the wires were all fucked up...and i got a new one but it still dont start...idk what it could be????? what yall think???

did u change the coil and is ur firing order correct.

my new turbo build

Comment

have you checked you ignition switch? does the lights come on (cluster) when you about to turn it on? Have you also checked you starter? The ground wires? the Fuses? The battery? Have you checked your rotor? All those parts can be it.

Comment

Have you checked if you have fuel and spark?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yea i checked the rotor, battery, i changed the coil, yea the lights come on.....what ground wires???

Comment

starter and fuses check out, yea it has fuel and the fuel pump works....it just wont spark...but i have new spark plugs, new distributor, and new lines???

Comment

With the key in ON (II) position, do you hear a chime if the driver's door is open?
              1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
              C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
              MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
              ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
              You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

what u mean a chime???? like coming from that one thing??? i took that out...

Comment

I had this problem in my old accord and it ended up being the ignition control module. I had changed out a bunch of stuff before my grandpa came by and said hey this is what it is so check that out if you havent already!!!
                  Time to Fix it Up

Comment

Originally posted by greatestmexican View Post
                    what u mean a chime???? like coming from that one thing??? i took that out...
                    Chime. Bell. Ding ding ding.

I have no idea what "that one thing" is that you're referring to... but you're WAY more unclear than the guy trying to help you.

Honestly, all we know is that your car won't start, and that you replaced the distributor. Not all that much to go on, honestly. You're asking us to diagnose cancer by telling us what you had for lunch.

What is done to your car? What does it do when you try to start it? What do you hear? What do you see? What lights are on on your gauge cluster?

Comment

Working...
                    X