Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bisimoto Header & Turbo System???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto Header & Turbo System???

I was looking online on where a turbo system connects to on the engine and it looks as if it combines with the header. So my question is, if I wanted to get a custom made turbo system for my 93 Honda Accord Ex would I still want to get the Bisimoto Header that they are offering or would i need a different header?

Turbo manifold is what you're looking for.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

you could still get the bisi header and make a custom rear mount turbo setup. Mount the turbo under the rear of the car near the back bumper.

Otherwise you want to buy a turbo manifold like he said above.

Comment

The Bisimoto header is for NA performance only.

If you are asking this question, you need to learn a LOT more before you can even consider going turbo. Turbo takes a good deal of knowledge, or you can destroy your engine.

Get a book called "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell. Read it cover to cover. Then you'll be ready to consider turbo. Personally, I'd only go turbo on a project car, not my daily driver.

Comment

agreed

ill sell u a turbo tho..lol

Comment

In the Beginner Forums? Might be a good idea to delete any mention of selling anything... if I have to, a ban goes along with it.

Comment

Actually deev, I disagree somewhat. The Bisi header is not intended, of course, for a TRADITIONAL turbo setup. There are companies now that make kits, mainly for american muscle and truck applications, that are "remote mount". They mount where the muffler normally sits or really anywhere under the vehicle that has enough room. The charge piping is long enough going back up to the engine that airflow under the car makes a front mount intercooler unneeded so less weight and really the total length of the charge pipe is no more than going through a huge front-mount system, so turbo lag isn't a problem.

I think the bisi header feeding into 2.5" piping feeding this kind of turbo setup would make awesome power and be a great setup.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Deevergote, in your post-reply you mentioned that you "personally would go turbo on a project car," however I'm curious to know why? What would be the negatives to having turbo on a daily driver Accord? I found the recommended text "Maximum Boost" and am going to purchase it from Amazon (unless i can find it online). Are there any other book you recommend? Everyone keeps telling me to do RESEARCH and I am. lol. It's just that when I'm readin one thing/topic I dont understand some of the basics and decide to ask it through this forum. A lot of guys/gals on here have been very helpful in giving me ideas on what to research/study. I long to have the knowledge that u (deevergote) and others have into fixing up CB7's but right now I'm not even a beginner. I looked on the net for Turbo Manifolds and I cannot find any for my Accord so I'm assuming that I'd have to get that specailly made, right? If so, would bisimoto make those custom parts? Well I need to stop writing on these forums and read as much as I can about my car and how to modify it. I apologize to anyone who has wasted their time reading my "novice" posts. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 93HONDAEX View Post
                  I looked on the net for Turbo Manifolds and I cannot find any for my Accord so I'm assuming that I'd have to get that specailly made, right? If so, would bisimoto make those custom parts? Well I need to stop writing on these forums and read as much as I can about my car and how to modify it. I apologize to anyone who has wasted their time reading my "novice" posts. Thanks everyone.
                  I'll give you a head start: Search the forced induction section here for "dsm manifold" Easiest way to build a simple DD turbo setup.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                    Actually deev, I disagree somewhat. The Bisi header is not intended, of course, for a TRADITIONAL turbo setup. There are companies now that make kits, mainly for american muscle and truck applications, that are "remote mount". They mount where the muffler normally sits or really anywhere under the vehicle that has enough room. The charge piping is long enough going back up to the engine that airflow under the car makes a front mount intercooler unneeded so less weight and really the total length of the charge pipe is no more than going through a huge front-mount system, so turbo lag isn't a problem.

I think the bisi header feeding into 2.5" piping feeding this kind of turbo setup would make awesome power and be a great setup.
                    Yeah, you can slap a flange on your stock manifold and run a turbo that way as well. In fact, I'd sooner do that than put a turbo on a Bisimoto header.

Not that I don't think it'd make power... but the Bisimoto header is intended to flow efficiently and smoothly throughout, making for a non-turbulent flow through the collector and out the exhaust. Put a major restriction after that collector, and you're defeating the entire purpose of that expensive header. It may work. It may work very well... but I really wouldn't see the point.

I believe Bisi said he will eventually make turbo manifolds.

Originally posted by 93HONDAEX View Post
                    Deevergote, in your post-reply you mentioned that you "personally would go turbo on a project car," however I'm curious to know why? What would be the negatives to having turbo on a daily driver Accord? I found the recommended text "Maximum Boost" and am going to purchase it from Amazon (unless i can find it online). Are there any other book you recommend? Everyone keeps telling me to do RESEARCH and I am. lol. It's just that when I'm readin one thing/topic I dont understand some of the basics and decide to ask it through this forum. A lot of guys/gals on here have been very helpful in giving me ideas on what to research/study. I long to have the knowledge that u (deevergote) and others have into fixing up CB7's but right now I'm not even a beginner. I looked on the net for Turbo Manifolds and I cannot find any for my Accord so I'm assuming that I'd have to get that specailly made, right? If so, would bisimoto make those custom parts? Well I need to stop writing on these forums and read as much as I can about my car and how to modify it. I apologize to anyone who has wasted their time reading my "novice" posts. Thanks everyone.
                    I would also suggest Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima. A lot of the info presented is dated, and some of it is actually completely false... but for the most part, it's a very useful book. A ton of information presented in a very easy to understand manner. I got my start on that book. I still read through it from time to time. The turbo section is fantastic.

As far as going turbo on your daily driver... The F22A was not made for turbo. On top of that, it's 16-20 years old. Turbo creates a lot of heat (especially if you go cheap and get a small turbo). It produces a good deal of stress that an old engine may not like. MOST people that put a turbo on their stock engines end up blowing them up sooner or later. If you have another car, then that's not so bad. If it's your only means of transportation, then it could be a problem! If you can't ride your Huffy to work, don't boost your only car!

To do a turbo system RIGHT, you really need to put in a lot of time and money. I wanted to go turbo on my H22 a few years back, and after I added up everything I'd need to really do it right (re-sleeving the cylinder bores, new pistons and rods, head work, all the proper turbo components, dyno tuning...) I hit the $10,000 mark. Needless to say... I didn't go turbo!

A mild non-turbo build is safer and easier than a cheap turbo setup. If you want to make impressive power either way, it's going to cost you many times what your car is worth.

Comment

I think it's def. possible to adapt the Bisimoto header into a turbo manifold, BUT I will say this; The tubing on the header is actually quite thin, bracing/gusseting would have to be done to not stress the header itself. This even has to be done on turbo manifolds that are prone to stress and thus cracking.

Comment

Working...
                      X