Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 swap need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 swap need help!

I put in a F22a1 motor from a prelude into my 93 accord and it runs but it idles and has no power.
    I have been repeatedly checking all my hoses and they seem fine.

-This is what I think might be wrong-
    I turned the fly wheel a couple of inches when I was putting the fly wheel on, would that effect the timing?( all the belts were still on when I did it)

Also I left the prelude manifold on the motor instead of changing it over to the accord manifold, would that cause some problems?

Please help me!

The F22A1 from the Prelude is identical to the F22A1 in the Accord, so everything should go in just the way the old one came out.

What engine came out? Was it an F22A6? And what ECU are you running? Even if you're running a PT6 (A6 ECU) with the F22A1, the difference is minimal...

Turning the flywheel, and thus the crank, shouldn't have affected anything as long as the timing belt is on.

Do you have a CEL on? (check engine light)

Comment

the original motor was an A1 and there is no check engine light on.
      I am using the same ECU that was originally in there

Comment

try taking the p12 ECU out of the Prelude and putting it in the accord...

Comment

I dont have the prelude ECU.

Comment

The Accord ECU is fine. You don't need the Prelude ECU.

Comment

Have you checked your timing?
              Are you throwing a check engine light?
              What have you checked and ruled out? Anything?

Some more info might yield more input/replies.
              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by TryingToSwap View Post
                I dont have the prelude ECU.
                Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The Accord ECU is fine. You don't need the Prelude ECU.

i figured that loss of power might have been from switching from the p12 to the pt6 sorry.

Comment

Your timing may be off, one tooth off is alot of timing on a Honda. Did you change the timing belt when the engine was out of the car? If you didn't you are crazy, timing jobs take maybe 20 mins when the engine is out of the car.
                  Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 10-28-2009, 10:32 PM.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                    Have you checked your timing?
                    Are you throwing a check engine light?
                    What have you checked and ruled out? Anything?

Some more info might yield more input/replies.
                    He said he didnt mess with timing while it was out of the car.
                    He said there is no CEL.
                    He said he's checked all the hoses.

Maybe u should read what he's posted b4 u reply.
                    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                      He said he didnt mess with timing while it was out of the car.
                      He said there is no CEL.
                      He said he's checked all the hoses.

Maybe u should read what he's posted b4 u reply.
                      Boy you sure do live up to your name.

Mess with the timing versus checking the timing are two different things...
                      Missed the CEL... my mistake.
                      Checking hoses is hardly considered ruling anything out, especially when it comes to the vehicle just idling and not having power. Is the ignition system up to par? Distributor worn? Fuel filter clogged? Injectors working?

And thank you for contributing to this thread with your insightful post...
                      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

did you put it in gear? No im not kidding im dead serious? i have seen it happen SO many times. people always go to the hardest solution when really the problem is SO simple. firing on all spark plus or are you losing compression like mad somewhere? maybe something in the tranny isnt throwing the car into gear? auto or manual?

Comment

Are you positive the engine is in good condition? Have you done a compression test on it?

It may be in lousy shape, which would certainly account for a loss in power.

Comment

Ive changed the distributer and already checked the timing and its fine.
                            but I havent compression tested it yet, I am waiting on a buddy to do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TryingToSwap View Post
                              Ive changed the distributer and already checked the timing and its fine.
                              but I havent compression tested it yet, I am waiting on a buddy to do it for me.
                              Did it run right when it was in the Prelude?

Comment

Working...
                              X