Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Grinding noise with tranny,no more drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding noise with tranny,no more drive

Ok,my car is a F22a1,271000km,auto.

Since i own it(2 month),i notice that when i go high on rpm,the engine/car vibrate a lot.I tough that it was normal cause it was an old vehicule.

This afternoon,i was driving and everything was fine,the tranny shifted ok.When comming on a stop sign,i eared a grinding noise coming from engine bay.When the car was completly stoped,the sound was worst and the car would not run anymore.It's like the car is in neutral,the motor revs up but it is not moving.The speedometer rise up to 20/30 km/h but the car wont go.As i tried,the grinding sound was worse and worse.

When i put the car on P,i could not put it because of the horrible noise,like grinding.The only position that is quiet is N.

Sounds like the flywheel turns and the tranny grinds on it.Now i have to wait till monday to bring it in the garage and get it fix.Till then,does anybody knows what up?

Any help is appreciated!!

BTW,in the morning,i rinse the heater core with a garden hose and some water spilled in the heater valve area.I notice that a connector had some water on it.Did i brake someting?

hmmmm. sounds like you clutch is out,...correct me if im wrong members.
    It's automatic right?

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
      hmmmm. sounds like you clutch is out,...correct me if im wrong members.
      It's automatic right?
      yes it is.So by clutch,you mean stall converter right?

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk57 View Post
        yes it is.So by clutch,you mean stall converter right?
        Yeah, had the same thing happen to mine, would stop and then loud grinding noise, thought tranny went, but it was the converter, but mine always ran never died on me.
        Anyway took it to repair shop and cost alittle over $500.

Comment

Originally posted by rayray91 View Post
          Yeah, had the same thing happen to mine, would stop and then loud grinding noise, thought tranny went, but it was the converter, but mine always ran never died on me.
          Anyway took it to repair shop and cost alittle over $500.
          Make sense cause my engine/tranny are in very good condition for the age.The tranny was shifting really well before that incident so converter is propably the cause i guess.

That shop changed my right axel last month so i hope he did fuck something up.The sound was comming from that area too.

Comment

Yea your convertor is out, if I were you, whenever you drive automatics again, when you stop at a stop light put the car in nutruel, instead of "drive" and having your foot on the brake, thats how the trannys get messed. Your overforcing the convertor and flywheel, they want to move put they can't cuz you pushing th brake. leter

Comment

this is funny because this is exactly what mine is doing so when u find out let me know im getting different opinions as to what i should replace but i been trying to find a answer now for over a week but i bought the car like that so when u find out please let me know what it is that was wrong and by converter you mean torque converter or stall converter?
              Last edited by 90f23a1accord; 11-01-2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90f23a1accord View Post
                this is funny because this is exactly what mine is doing so when u find out let me know im getting different opinions as to what i should replace but i been trying to find a answer now for over a week but i bought the car like that so when u find out please let me know what it is that was wrong and by converter you mean torque converter or stall converter?
                torque converter i meant.I'm still waiting for some cb7 veteran to give so advice on this.

Tomorrow morning,i will bring it to the shop,then i will tell you what,s up.

Comment

Shifting in to neutral at stops is harder on the tranny than leaving it in gear. They're designed to be left in gear, Everytime you shift into neutral and back it's a little shock to the tranny. You can feel it "clunking" in. If you maintain the car properly (changing fluids, maintaining their levels) it won't hurt it at all to sit there in drive.

A torque convertor and a stall convertor are the same thing, a stall convertor refers to a high performance torque convertor that slips more easily at lower rpms, allowing the engine to spin up to the power range more quickly.

Comment

Sounds like you need a tranny,they are very cheap used get one in a junk yard or eBay
                    I know....I'm gunna lower it

Comment

UPDATE

This morning,i got my car towed to the shop that change my cv-joint last month and they will look at it in two days.

After looking at this tread,i think that the axel came right out of the tranny,and cause the noise and grinding.I could move the axel back and forth inside the tranny,maybe 3/4 inch so i guess that is the problem.Well,i hope so

Keep you guys updated on the situation

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk57 View Post
                        UPDATE

This morning,i got my car towed to the shop that change my cv-joint last month and they will look at it in two days.

After looking at this tread,i think that the axel came right out of the tranny,and cause the noise and grinding.I could move the axel back and forth inside the tranny,maybe 3/4 inch so i guess that is the problem.Well,i hope so

Keep you guys updated on the situation
                        good looking out i plan on doing the same tommorrow hope the axle situation goes your way i dont really wanna go thru the hassle of replacing my tranny why cant it be something simple lol but keep me imformed

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                          Yea your convertor is out, if I were you, whenever you drive automatics again, when you stop at a stop light put the car in nutruel, instead of "drive" and having your foot on the brake, thats how the trannys get messed. Your overforcing the convertor and flywheel, they want to move put they can't cuz you pushing th brake. leter
                          Please stop trying to help people.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                            Please stop trying to help people.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
                            lol
                            I know....I'm gunna lower it

Comment

Just got a call from the shop and finally,they found the problem.

He said that the left axel poped out of the tranny and suggest me that it is better to change it.Since the right one is new,both side will be done after.

What a good news!I did want to change my tranny

I find this odd because i never eared nobody having their axel popping out and i drive this car like a old granny

Comment

Working...
                              X