Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo or n/a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo or n/a?

well as you know my baby is going to get a rebuilt .....realy soon and i cant wait but....should i go wit turbo or n/a ? Ova here in RI if you go 2 jdm nite in prov in weekend you"ll see alot of all motor civcs wit steriords in them lol so idk should i go with somthin deff??? i got a 90 accord with h22a4 block n a h23 yes i know .......h23 head!!? just leave me alone about that and dont ask not to be rude ...so what shall i do for this rebuilt

As long as you've been a member and you still don't make any effort to type like you have some intelligence? You have a full keyboard, please use it. You're not texting your buddies to meet you at the local friggin burger joint. You're asking intelligent people that read (and prefer to read well typed posts in English) to offer you advice and help you decide which way to go with your car. It's been said many many times on this site:

You'll get more help and better advice if you post like an adult, not like a 13 year old sending a text mesage.

Having said that, what's your budget?

Comment

it depends if you only going to use it to go to import nights in RI and to race on the tracks with it or being a daily driver. if you don't i would suggest n/a helps the longevity of your engine from wear and tear from driving it daily. and also if you go with turbo and want to be different why not supercharged
      <a href="http://www.ilovebodykits.com">Body Kits</a>

Comment

I really can't understand a word you typed... so I'll just answer the general question asked in your title.

It's up to you. You can make more horsepower with turbo. However, you can still make plenty of power NA.

The H23 head isn't a spectacular flowing head, so turbo would probably be better.

Comment

umm yeah this going to be my weekend car/ race car......i always wanted a turbo cb so why not lol and i was think of buying a cheap ebay turbo kit (yes i know their cheap) but i can make lil mods to it like a beter bov and a better turbo manifold...but idk or just going n/a motor an buying them bismo header that cost 600+ and going all on it but idk .....which is best???:/ (sorry about the typing im just use to my phone a little to much lol)

Comment

If you want us to put in the effort to help you, put in the effort to type clearly. We do our best to type so we can understand you when we reply. Please show us the same respect.

If you're going to build it completely, then you need to decide what you want before you pick out your internals.

If you get a cheap ebay turbo kit, just hope the turbo doesn't come apart and get blown into your engine.

Comment

ok..............dad (just playing) so your saying i should go turbo then?

Comment

I'm saying to do what you want, son.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmboi type s View Post
                  ok..............dad (just playing) so your saying i should go turbo then?
                  hees saying to pick one on ur own.its ur choice not ours to make for u.the reason for this is because the parts ur going to rebuild with is gonna be ur choice,eather turbo or n/a.

my new turbo build

Comment

TURBO FTW!!! It's a bit cheaper then going N/A.....IMO.....and gives you more power....It's up to you bro. You got my Opinion.
                    Last edited by pedroalcala; 11-15-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Doing turbo the RIGHT way isn't cheaper... but you can make more power with turbo on a budget than you can NA.

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                        TURBO FTW!!! It's a bit cheaper then goint N/A.....and gives you more power....It's up to you bro. You got my Opinion.
                        its cheaper if you buy used.. but buying new.. N/A is definitly cheaper

in my opinion i would go N/A because when you beat people without a turbo its a much more powerful feeling of success

but my friend.. it is your car.. making it your decision
                        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

hmmm...........if i go turbo where can i get my ecu tune for it any sites where you guys got yours?

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                            its cheaper if you buy used.. but buying new.. N/A is definitly cheaper

in my opinion i would go N/A because when you beat people without a turbo its a much more powerful feeling of success

but my friend.. it is your car.. making it your decision

yeah that is true lol

Comment

You don't get your ECU tune from a site. You have to have your ECU tuned for your specific setup. Anyone who tells you differently is either stupid or shady.

Comment

Working...
                              X