Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 Intake manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Intake manifold?

is there any modifications that i would have to make to a H22 manifold if i wanted to put it on a f22? or is it a direct fit?
    1992 Honda Accord Lx
    [/I][/I][/I]

major mods need to be done. no, not a direct fit. get an h23 manifold = direct fit
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

dammit, wat r the main differences between a H23 and a H22
      1992 Honda Accord Lx
      [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

Originally posted by P3dr0 View Post
        dammit, wat r the main differences between a H23 and a H22
        Bolt pattern are slightly different on the h22a manifold, H23 are the same exact pattern as our f22ax.
        I would go for the h23a, take a look at my thread, were I had just finish installing my H23a manifold swap. later
        Last edited by pedroalcala; 11-22-2009, 11:55 PM.

Comment

If you have an F22A6, you could just replace the plenum. Direct fit to the A6's runners since the plenum is the same as in the h23, they match.
          Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
          Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdlink View Post
            If you have an F22A6, you could just replace the plenum. Direct fit to the A6's runners since the plenum is the same as in the h23, they match.
            Swapping the whole intake manifold is more superb.
            IMO

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
              Swapping the whole intake manifold is more superb.
              IMO
              Right, but there are also advantages to having A6 runners. Like access to the EGR ports. The EGR ports on the H23 IM runners are sealed, unlike the A6's which are just sealed with plugs.
              I did the swap and decided to go with A6 runners, because I needed to pass the state inspection(by cleaning the EGR ports).
              Also, another plus to the A6 runners is that you can use the mount/support under the runners(the one that connects to the engine), to support the weight of the IM to prevent future distortion if any.
              Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
              Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdlink View Post
                Right, but there are also advantages to having A6 runners. Like access to the EGR ports. The EGR ports on the H23 IM runners are sealed, unlike the A6's which are just sealed with plugs.
                I did the swap and decided to go with A6 runners, because I needed to pass the state inspection(by cleaning the EGR ports).
                Also, another plus to the A6 runners is that you can use the mount/support under the runners(the one that connects to the engine), to support the weight of the IM to prevent future distortion if any.
                You can swap all those parts directly to the H23 manifold, I swapped mine and I did the smog check a month later and passed.....is all up to whoever.....to each his/her own..

Comment

P3dro ! LMK If Ur Gonna Need The Manifold Cus I Got A H23 One FS

I Live In ORLANDO Also ! LMK

MY H22 SEDAN

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                    You can swap all those parts directly to the H23 manifold, I swapped mine and I did the smog check a month later and passed.....is all up to whoever.....to each his/her own..
                    You cannot swap EGR ports. They are holes. How do you move a hole to another location? You passed smog because yours aren't clogged up yet. Plus the a6 runners should give you a touch more torque due to the length difference.

Originally posted by 93JDMBeast View Post
                    P3dro ! LMK If Ur Gonna Need The Manifold Cus I Got A H23 One FS

I Live In ORLANDO Also ! LMK
                    This can get you banned. No selling, buying, swapping outside the classifieds.

Comment

Its direct bolt on if you only do the h22 plenum swap on my f22A6. I did the plenum swap. The only hard part is the coolant hoses in the back. I accidentally messed mine up and had to buy new ones, but it needed replacement anyway. Its tough to reach and pull them out. You Also need to buy a 3 way vacuum hose connector for the rear mount solenoid hose and the hose from the firewall near the passenger side. the h22 manifold has less ports than the A6.

Comment

Working...
                      X