Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

auto to manaul. bolts on flexplate. work for fly wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto to manaul. bolts on flexplate. work for fly wheel

i am changing my transmission from automatic to manual. i have everything..but my question is for the fly wheel can i use the bolts from my flexplate. because i the bolts the fly wheel had stripped.. so i need to knoe will there be any problem if i use the bolts from my flexplate. to the fly wheel.
    R.I.P 93 CB7 COUPE

Team modA in the proess

They are different sizes. I am sure u need the actual flywheel bolts.

'90 Accord EX(project)
    '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
    '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

The flex plate bolts are way shorter and will NOT work... the bolts arnt to much at the dealer just get the right ones

Click it.... You know you wanna
      Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Get the right fasteners, I'd go new OEM. They also have different torque specs. You're talking a high RPM rotating object here, RPMs are that of your engine tachometer. Need I say more or do you want to be another "my tranny is making funny noises KABOOM!!" victim...
        Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-03-2009, 04:12 PM.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
          RPMs are that are twice your engine tachometer.
          wat?

Comment

Twice...really....
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

check out the guys of tasauto they got the pressureplate bolts im not sure on crank bolts.do u have clutch line and dampner? and all the other lines for the clutch?
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                Twice...really....
                Yeah. Crank rotates twice for every one rotation of camshaft, and RPMs are read off of the cam.
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by str8jdmswap View Post
                  i am changing my transmission from automatic to manual. i have everything..but my question is for the fly wheel can i use the bolts from my flexplate. because i the bolts the fly wheel had stripped.. so i need to knoe will there be any problem if i use the bolts from my flexplate. to the fly wheel.
                  Im not trying to flame you but Im not quite understanding what you are talking about. I have performed this job and I want to help you. can you please explain your situation a little better?? From what I understand you would like to use the bolts from the flex plate in place of your fly wheel bolts How did you strip your flywheel bolts??Did you use the flywheel bolts from a 5spd??Please give a more descriptive paragraph on what you would like to know.

Comment

ok i got the bolts and now i ran into another problem. my motor mounts arent lineing up.
                    R.I.P 93 CB7 COUPE

Team modA in the proess

Comment

how so? like the motors hitting something or?

Click it.... You know you wanna
                      Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

did you get the 5 spd tranny mount???

Comment

Originally posted by str8jdmswap View Post
                          ok i got the bolts and now i ran into another problem. my motor mounts arent lineing up.
                          So you replaced your auto flywheel bolts with the 5spd flywheel bolts. Correct.

Originally posted by cb7_ex_coupe View Post
                          did you get the 5 spd tranny mount???
                          This is where the confusion comes in to play. You have 2 options:

1. Remove auto bracket and weld a 5 spd bracket on your car.

The auto bracket and manual brackets are different and the auto bracket sits about 1 1/2 inch further towards the firewall than the manual bracket. Thats why you are having alignment issues. I would also used a 5spd trans mount too. I got the exact measurements in my sig somewhere.

2. Get the ESP mounts.

These mounts would compensate for the 1 1/2 inch and bolt right to the auto mount. no welding needed as far as i have read.

Theres are 2 solutions that you can go by to correct your problem. I also recommend you do some more research and homework. Then evaluate your situation. You would understand a whole lot better than you do now.

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                            This Is Where The Confusion Comes In To Play. You Have 2 Options:

1. Remove Auto Bracket And Weld A 5 Spd Bracket On Your Car.

The Auto Bracket And Manual Brackets Are Different And The Auto Bracket Sits About 1 1/2 Inch Further Towards The Firewall Than The Manual Bracket. Thats Why You Are Having Alignment Issues. I Would Also Used A 5spd Trans Mount Too. I Got The Exact Measurements In My Sig Somewhere.

2. Get The Esp Mounts.

These Mounts Would Compensate For The 1 1/2 Inch And Bolt Right To The Auto Mount. No Welding Needed As Far As I Have Read.

Theres Are 2 Solutions That You Can Go By To Correct Your Problem. I Also Recommend You Do Some More Research And Homework. Then Evaluate Your Situation. You Would Understand A Whole Lot Better Than You Do Now.
                            X2

Comment

So you replaced your auto flywheel bolts with the 5spd flywheel bolts. Correct.

^^^ ^^^^
                              correct. and i really think im getting the esp mount. but i dont think i can purchase the whole kit. im on a really tight bugdet. so ima get just the tranny mount.
                              R.I.P 93 CB7 COUPE

Team modA in the proess

Comment

Working...
                              X