Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

axels question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axels question

whats up guys i need some help, i was wondering if stock axels for cb7 fit on the h22 motor or do you need to get different kind of axels. If they do, do you think i should get the stock ones from autozone or is there any good aftermarket it ones.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

i'm pretty sure you retain the Accord axles if you're putting the H22 into the Accord. you sure you want to use Autozone axles?

Comment

I use shucks axles and they work just fine... lifetime warenteed and only 69.99 for new

Click it.... You know you wanna
      Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

If your doing a swap, I'am certain that you can use the Accord axles (same ones), but like leung said and I will also say it: Are you sure you wanna use autozone axles?

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
          If your doing a swap, I'am certain that you can use the Accord axles (same ones), but like leung said and I will also say it: Are you sure you wanna use autozone axles?
          whats wrong with autozone ones?

Click it.... You know you wanna
          Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
            whats wrong with autozone ones?
            Well they are decent but, I don't know it just me, I woulden't use them (thats just me tho) but to each his own. I got mine at Meyer's so I believe its the same thing anyways

Comment

Yes, you can use the Accord axels on the H22 as long as you swap the intermediate shaft from your Accord motor to the H22.

Comment

Ok, Im going to speak up for Auto Zone's behalf on this one. Ive got both left and right axles from them and I havent had any problem what so ever. They do have a lifetime warranty. Not bad!

Comment

i bought my axles from autzone and after 10 minutes the driverside started clicking lol.....nd they were installed correctly rotflmao........but LIFETIME WARRANTY cant beat it

Comment

I'm running Autozone axles myself. No problems so far (though one has never been driven on... not yet, anyway). NAPA axles have treated me very well in the past.

And yes, the H22 swap uses the Accord axles. This, as well as plenty of other very useful information, can be found in the "sticky" threads in the Swaps forum.

Comment

iight guys thanks and i said autozone because of the lifetime warrnety so i thought that was my best beat

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

I have had auto zone axles for almost 3 years now on my h. No problems.

Comment

i hear more people saying their autozone axles going bad after replacing them once already then compared to other places like NAPA.

Well that's what i have on my car are NAPA brand axles which i only got for 60 bucks after giving them a core that i got at the PnP for 9 bucks for my 5spd swap.

Comment

I think the main factor is just based on what mounts they are using and how good of shape they are in. Also, how low there cars are.

Comment

compare the boot material that Autozone axles use vs. the NAPA ones and then tell me whats wrong with them. They're made of inferior parts. Great they've got a lifetime warranty. What if your axle boot breaks the night before you have work and its raining out? Oh but its okay, you've got a lifetime warranty. Try swapping those out 3 more times. That lifetime warranty bullshit gets old.

Either buy NAPA axles or OEM Honda ones. There's a reason why they last longer. The boots are made way thicker and are made out of a thick silicone and not just weak rubber that can tear much easier.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X