Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

more horsies plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more horsies plz

ok i got the stock engine in my car and its auto so turbo is not an option . i heard thatputing a new cam and a vtec head could help is there anyother ideas ?

nitrous

Comment

i really wish there was a "let me search that for you" link on this site

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

heres a great link even if it is an auto...
        its still an f22
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

happy tuning

mcdizzle beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by lovemyhonda92 View Post
          more horsies plz
          Need more horsies? Click here.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

lmao thanx josh u got me with trickery lol . oh and thanks eveyone else . so theres no vtecs ?

oh and mine is a ex coupe
            Last edited by evil_demon_01; 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

lmao thanx josh u got me with trickery lol . oh and thanks eveyone else . so theres no vtecs ?
              Thank God you have a sense of humor. Most "new comers" would have flipped their shit.

As for added HP, do you want to swap in another engine, or build up your F22?

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

there is vtecs EVERYWHERE

Comment

idk kuz i now swaps cost more . whats the most u think i could get if i keep the stock engine ?

could i gain 50 horses on my stock engine ?
                  Last edited by evil_demon_01; 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I think that would be it.. unless you want to spray...

Comment

idk kuz i now swaps cost more . whats the most u think i could get if i keep the stock engine ?
                      It depends on what you want to spend. Bisimoto engineering has proven it's possible to get well over 400 whp out of an NA f22ax, but it takes some money to do it.

Realistically, without getting into the engine at all, (stock cam), just I/H/E, tuned ECU, balance belt delete, I'd expect you to see about 140 whp max. You could get lucky and get a few more, but not really a lot. The auto doesn't help matters either.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                        Need more horsies? Click here.

visualpoet just summed up what I was about to say.
                        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

If you keep the stock engine you could get 50 horse or a little more, if you want. Bisi header=27 horse, bisi intake manifold gasket=7 horse, there's 34 there, then just do your full exhaust, h23 intake manifold, short ram air intake, and change your valves, valve springs, and cam.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                            It depends on what you want to spend. Bisimoto engineering has proven it's possible to get well over 400 whp out of an NA f22ax, but it takes some money to do it.

Realistically, without getting into the engine at all, (stock cam), just I/H/E, tuned ECU, balance belt delete, I'd expect you to see about 140 whp max. You could get lucky and get a few more, but not really a lot. The auto doesn't help matters either.
                            Yup, just like visualpoet said, with I/H/E your good to go for starters, now if you want more power of your f22a, then I suggest getting yourself a Delta regrind cam, web racing cams, or the bisimoto stage 2 cam.

You don't need to change heads, you f22a head flows like a charm (with little porting, it will outflow any other honda head out there), and swapping heads ain't worth it, you won't gain many ponies and your compression is low for a vtec head.

Go with a camshaft, a great tuning, balacne best delete, h23 intake manifold with bisi heat sheild gasket, I/H/E h23 or h22 trans for more accel, lightwight flywheel, a good racing clutch, with all of that you might be getting about 16Xwhp (if motor is healthy), and of course reducing weight of your CB....later
                            Last edited by pedroalcala; 12-07-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

If you truly want more power, then it will take top dollar and real interest towards tuning your car. When I mean real interest, I mean that you actually have to take the time to research and try understand how things work and what parts you need to achieve on what you are planning.

Turbo IS doable on an automatic car by the way. But a NA F22ax is also great.
                              Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
                              Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

Working...
                              X