Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

heavy vibration!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heavy vibration!!!

I hava problem with heavy vibration when accelerating specially between 2-5grand.itz gotten so bad that ive cracked intake manifolds,loosening bolts,even snapped the feet on the external coil.couldit b my balance shafts timing iz off..

is it ONLY when accelerating or just when your rpms are in a certain range even at a stop?

Comment

my car shook during acceleration cause of a bent axle, but dang, that seems pretty strange that engine parts are breaking because of it...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

did you check your motor mounts? the dog-bone in front by the radiator? and check the bolts holding the motor to the transmission..i think it might be flywheel or converter bolts coming off ..hard to tell

Comment

If you've never replaced axles, then its definitely that. Mine looked okay from the outside but the inner CV joint was worn out and everytime I accelerated onto the freeway, my D/S door panel felt like it was gonna come off.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i got this vibration too when accelerating then releasing gas pedal, but only on 1 to 3rd gear...
            is it maybe the torque beam, or torsion bam or whatever its called

i changed the dog bone (front) engine mount already (it was a lil f*cked up)

Comment

I would check all engine mount conditions, especially the front dogbone and rear (firewall). I would also verify the balance shaft belt is lined up properly. Inspect both your CV shafts and intermediate shaft support bearings. Also, check both front wheel bearings. Check both front tires too for abnormal wear.

Remove front wheels and make sure the rim pilot diameter (where rim locates on hub) is wire brushed free of debris, so that the wheel sits flush against the hub. Torque all lugnuts to 80 lb-ft. This can cause vibration as well, if that hub does not allow wheel to sit flush.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

That was my first thought. would be the mounts.
                Its just me

Comment

Originally posted by spanky348 View Post
                  is it ONLY when accelerating or just when your rpms are in a certain range even at a stop?
                  It happens when im accelerating..The higher the rpms the heavier the vibration gets.

Comment

Originally posted by BillKisme View Post
                    That was my first thought. would be the mounts.
                    All motor mounts have been replaced.Hub assbly good.axles replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by bigkhaatracing4 View Post
                      All motor mounts have been replaced.Hub assbly good.axles replaced.
                      Have you replaced your timing belt? Def could be balancing if that's off man you'll shake. Are you shaking in idle?

Comment

check your tires too, wheel balance if VERY off can cause a major vibration, and if the tires are bad, then they'll have separations or flat spots. Look for any bulges in the tire

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                          everytime I accelerated onto the freeway, my D/S door panel felt like it was gonna come off.

That description really hits home when your own D/S door panel has also threatened to come off.

Comment

when i got my cb it had 4 bent rims it wobbled a lot ...but i bought it it had 110k on it ..it was hard to drive it over 45mph

Comment

I had a lof of vibration because my front balance shaft sprocket was off 3/4 of a turn. Definitely check that.

Comment

Working...
                              X