Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car is slow and slugish after engine change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is slow and slugish after engine change

So if you haven't been reading the forum, i have had some problems.

The car was wrecked, then repaired. Then the engine went out.. And we got a new engine in the car.. And by new i mean used.

So now that we have the car back, it feels completly like a different animal. Real slugish. I have to keep downshifting from all the gears just to get up hills that would normally never struggle.

And in the bottom of the rpm rage its clunky, like i shift to 1st and there is a CLUNK sometimes if i release the clutch to shift. I have to keep the rpms high all the time.

Now if i shift to one, it seems to take a second or two to spool up the strength to do anything. Same thing for 2nd. Once it gets into 3rd and up it seems better because im moving faster generally.

But it definatly seems to be a lower rpm problem.

Does this seem familiar to anyone?

that kinda makes sense . . .

what engine did you take out and what engine did you put in?

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
      that kinda makes sense . . .

what engine did you take out and what engine did you put in?
      Its a regular accord engine from the same year. I didnt want any sort of HP mod or anything. THink its the engine?

Comment

bad tranny/clutch? Maybe its the torque converter...idk. Throwing out ideas not facts.

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

no torque converter car is 5 speed. if it was me i would start with timing than maybe egr valve needs cleaning or 02 sensor did u check the compression of the motor that one of the thing i do wen i buy a motor

h22a4+p2u5 trans+8000rpm= 135mph in 4 gear

Comment

Did you guy do a compression test on the new (used) motor before install?

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
              Did you guy do a compression test on the new (used) motor before install?

Tomi
              Exactly what I was thinking.

Is the car smoking at all? How many miles are on the used engine? Is it an F22a1, F22a4, F22a6? There are numerous questions that need answering before we can really help you out.
              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                Exactly what I was thinking.

Is the car smoking at all? How many miles are on the used engine? Is it an F22a1, F22a4, F22a6? There are numerous questions that need answering before we can really help you out.

Well, this is the deal. My father had his mechanic do the work. I asked him all the info before and he didnt know. All that he mentioned is that the mechanic "assured" him it was a good engine. My dad is a little green if you ask me. But then again, im not sure if i would hang on to the car after the accident.. then the new engine. Im hoping that there a compression test done and all, but i don't know anything about that. I would have prefered to get the engine rebuilt, at least that could be a little consistent.

Im not sure about all those numbers.. il try to find out. I dont know what engine. its from a 1991 honda accord LX.

Comment

No, its not burning oil or anything. Doesnt smoke and seems from the outside like a perfect car. But driving it means something entirely different.

Comment

Well, if it is from an LX then it's most likely an F22a4. What model do you have, DX, LX, EX, SE? The EX and SE have the F22a6 which make 20hp more than the other lower models and also has IABs etc. There are many differences to look into. Maybe you have an engine with less power, 20hp would be noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                      Well, if it is from an LX then it's most likely an F22a4. What model do you have, DX, LX, EX, SE? The EX and SE have the F22a6 which make 20hp more than the other lower models and also has IABs etc. There are many differences to look into. Maybe you have an engine with less power, 20hp would be noticeable.

I have the LX. So i think i have about 130 hp. It sounds more like i got 50 hp now.

Could it be that its from a EX and somehow got messed up in the install. I really wish i knew more info on this engine. I have only gotten the car back a few days ago.. a few weeks. But i drove it for 4 days straight. no long trips. Took it on the highway, and it just seemed to need more power. I never had to downshift before to 3rd on the highway for little hills.

I hope i get the car fixed. I got my motorcycle down this week so i need to drive the car.

Comment

The EX would give you more power. Well, maybe, I don't know how it would operate with the LX ECU. I'd pull the spark plugs and inspect them. Spark plugs can tell you a lot about how your engine is running. Then you'll probably narrow it down to a sensor problem. I'm just speculating.

Comment

Does anyone think there could be a possible vacuum leak or maybe the timing might be off? Those are two things that can make your car sluggish. As for the clunking noise I just don't know. I would assume something with your clutch maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by scorch View Post
                            I have the LX. So i think i have about 130 hp. It sounds more like i got 50 hp now.

Could it be that its from a EX and somehow got messed up in the install. I really wish i knew more info on this engine. I have only gotten the car back a few days ago.. a few weeks. But i drove it for 4 days straight. no long trips. Took it on the highway, and it just seemed to need more power. I never had to downshift before to 3rd on the highway for little hills.

I hope i get the car fixed. I got my motorcycle down this week so i need to drive the car.
                            which harness did he use with the motor.and what ecu?

my new turbo build

Comment

Ecu?

edit: 92smoked got there first

Comment

Working...
                              X