Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another H22 Head Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok the h22 head is not a really good head to work with i would go with a f23 head one hole to plug water jackit in front ez i did it with some j b weld other stuff out there to plug the hole tap or whatever i used my f22a1 distributor and intake all u need for this build is the head exhaust a down pipe from a f22a6 will fit same timing to did this build in a day

i hope this helps u out and u can port this head to and get the same power as the h22
    Last edited by accordaremylife; 01-02-2010, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaremylife View Post
      ok the h22 head is not a really good head to work with i would go with a f23 head one hole to plug water jackit in front ez i did it with some j b weld other stuff out there to plug the hole tap or whatever i used my f22a1 distributor and intake all u need for this build is the head exhaust a down pipe from a f22a6 will fit same timing to did this build in a day

i hope this helps u out and u can port this head to and get the same power as the h22
      The f23 head is also a terrible flowing head....might as well do the whole swap...switching heads is a dangerous project unless you doit right with time and money.

Comment

not really got my head for 75 bucks ported my self got the manifold for it for 25 used all my parts off my car ran fine

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          yea, if you install them and then bore/hone there shouldnt be any issues as long as there was enough press fit.
          that's the route most people take with an open deck

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

yeah i just when online lookt at the water jackit line and went all out i just timed it like a f22a1 it didnt pop or any thing i did this build with a f22b1 and a f23 head both workt fine when with the stock f22a1 walls its a 85 for the f22a1 and the f22b1 the f23 has a 87 wall but i didnt see any differents in running

Comment

The SOHC F series heads flow horribly. The F23 head is only marginally better than the F22B1 head. They are great for what Honda intended, but they're terrible for performance.

The H22 head flows well, though the F22A head can easily outflow it with modification.

There's nothing to gain from a headswap on an H or F series block.

Comment

Originally posted by Airhonda92 View Post
                Currently building an F22 ground up for boost. I've decided to run with an H22 head. Will any H22 head swap onto a CB7 F22 block? What should I know? I know I'm being very broad but I want to know what others have done. So far what I've read are mainly full H22 motor swaps, I'm only interested in doing a head swap because I have my block ready to go... Thanks!
                PM me

want 340whp?
                f22a1 block
                f22a1 crank
                f22a1 rods
                f22a1 pistons (NEW)
                new rings (measure rings)
                new bearings

h22 head
                h22 usdm cams
                skunk 2 pro 1 intake mani
                ebay t3/t4 w mini shitty ram manifold

at 14psi and a good tune, do it please
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

That would be just as doable with the F22A head.

Comment

i still love u deev

still your dick will get sucked more when people see shit thats not supposed to be there, especially if its done right, and if it pulls like a bitch
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Yeah, I admit that the H22 head looks cooler... and that saying "I built that motor out of an F22A and an H22A" makes you sound pretty damn smart.

But it's not necessary if power is the goal.

Of course, you could take it a step further and say "if power is the goal... just buy a Mustang or Camaro with a V8!"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Yeah, I admit that the H22 head looks cooler... and that saying "I built that motor out of an F22A and an H22A" makes you sound pretty damn smart.

But it's not necessary if power is the goal.

Of course, you could take it a step further and say "if power is the goal... just buy a Mustang or Camaro with a V8!"
                        yea but then you'd get too many girls and we dont want that.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I already have plenty... just no time for them!

Plus, to really make a V8 work for the ladies, I'd need a fake tan, spiked hair, and a popped collar.

Comment

Thank you all for the input. From everything I've gathered, if I port/polish and build up my F22a1 head correctly (I have a professional machinist working with me) it will flow just as well as, if not better than, an H22 head. This would avoid having the tuning issues from swapping heads, which doesn't sound like a bad thing. Ultimately from what I've researched this head wont have problems with 10+ psi and 300+ hp... I will research building the F22 head further... Any suggestions on places that specialize in SOHC head work? More aggressive cams, springs, etc?? Thanks!! (Got my HIDs in tonight so that will be tomorrow’s project!)

Comment

www.bisimoto.com
                              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                The SOHC F series heads flow horribly. The F23 head is only marginally better than the F22B1 head. They are great for what Honda intended, but they're terrible for performance.

The H22 head flows well, though the F22A head can easily outflow it with modification.

There's nothing to gain from a headswap on an H or F series block.
                                Thanks deev. Running with this advice... Less head ache later, with same power gains =

Comment

Working...
                                X