Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Low Gas Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Gas Light?

Last night I was driving and I ran out of gas and my low gas light never came on and I've been noticing lately that it hasn't been coming on lately when I've been getting low on gas. Is there a way I can check it to make sure the light isn't bad? Thanks.

well it could be the light. or it could be the miss sensor or wiring....
    VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

idk what it could be but a question on the side....how many miles is left when it DOES come on?
      -Tyler

Comment

normally I get around 410 miles to a tank and it comes on around 380

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
          idk what it could be but a question on the side....how many miles is left when it DOES come on?
          According to honda i think its around 30-40 miles if i remember correctly. Its a moot point because our sensors arent very accurate after 17-20 years. When my light comes on it means a gas station better be within 5 miles of your location or your fucked.

Comment

Yeah mine never comes on either When u turn your key slightly all your dash lights should come on.... Pretty sure how it works..... good way to tell if any lights are out etc
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

I've swapped 4-5 different clusters into my car for various other reason and the low fuel light has never worked, I assume the sender in the tank is bad.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

better question

How much gas can you put in at the end of your tank?

My light comes on with 1.5 gallons left in the tank.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                  How much gas can you put in at the end of your tank?

My light comes on with 1.5 gallons left in the tank.
                  My light doesn't work but when the needle reaches JUST under the E mark it takes 16 gal to fill it up.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

light never turns on and ive gone down to the E before I fill up..
                    also when I turn my key it does turn on and stay on for a second before it turns off..
                    maybe your sensor is done with, this is an old car and its gona need stuff to be replaced sooner or later..

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                    Originally posted by bmxicansd
                    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      When my light comes on it means a gas station better be within 5 miles of your location or your fucked.
                      LOL, you made me spill my drink.

On topic though, Mine turns on and off depending if I'm idling at a light/accelerating/cruising.
                      When it first comes on it's no biggie for me, like it was said in a previous post ~30-40 miles or however much you get on 1-2 gallons of gas.
                      Maybe keep a red can of gas in your trunk (Don't know if that's safe long term) the 2-5 gallon kind.

Comment

If ur depending on the gas light to make sure u don't run out of gas ur trippin anyways. When ur shit is on E, go get gas.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                          My light doesn't work but when the needle reaches JUST under the E mark it takes 16 gal to fill it up.

u top it off till it spills out??

i culdnt get more than 14 n mine...

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgentuner View Post
                            u top it off till it spills out??

i culdnt get more than 14 n mine...
                            I usually get another 1/2 gallon in after the pump clicks off by itself. Your needle is probably off a little. Let it get below the E mark next time if you want to run it almost dry.....
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I went 50 miles on my light before I filled it up
                              Its wierd how it turns on very dimly depending on how "low" it is then it will get brighter.
                              Wierd how you guys have problems, my sedan had a gummed solid gas tank and mine still works
                              Your man for wiring solutions!
                              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X