Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

where is the fuel filter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is the fuel filter??

hey guys i have a 93 ex 2dr with an h23. i cant find the fuel filter. also should i buy the fuel filter for the car the motor came from or for the 93 ex.

thanks guys
    -steve

p.s: is there a new member intoduction section. i kinda wana introduce myself but i dont know where to do it.

I think you're looking for the beginner off topic for intro's

I would use the filter for that engine...if it'll fit...I don't know though if it will.

as to where...damn it's been forever since I changed mine...hint hint time to change it I guess. I'm pretty sure it's on the driver side by the firewall. Look there...if you don't see it...then I'm wrong

I would invest in a haynes manual...best money you will spend!
    ____

Comment

For the Accords if you're looking from outside of the car facing towards the engine.

It's located on your left side straight on the firewall sort of by the Intake manifold.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by hovo1788 View Post
        hey guys i have a 93 ex 2dr with an h23. i cant find the fuel filter. also should i buy the fuel filter for the car the motor came from or for the 93 ex. .
        I would say buy one of each (if they are different) and return the one that isn't correct, except that a lot of dealerships have a return policy that you only get 80&#37; of your money back, because of a 20% restocking fee.

So I would take the covers off and have a look at which one, maybe take a picture and even get the part # off of it if possible, then go to the dealership and see which one of the two matches.

Get them from the dealer because they come with the correct aluminum sealing washers (you need two or three 6mm internal diameter aluminum washers and at least one, if not two , 12mm internal diameter washers for the fuel filter and for the service bolt on the fuel rail) unlike some aftermarket ones (I discovered the hard way). Aluminum sealing washers are extremely hard to come by in my neck of the woods, but I hear motorcycle dealerships sometimes have them. I believe you can't use copper washers because the copper is a catalyst for some kinds of chemical reactions with the gas that sludge up your fuel.

If you are going to try to reuse your old aluminum washers, I've heard it's best to anneal them first to soften them (put them on a firebrick and run a propane torch in a circle around them until they get aropund 600/650 Degrees fahrenheit then let them cool slowly again). This removes work hardening and makes them soft again.

The problem is, how do you know you've gotten to 650 deg F?

Easier to just get new aluminum sealing washers.
        Last edited by batever; 03-20-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

The fuel filter is shaped like a canister. It has metal lines running to it. It should be located on the passenger side firewall, between the map sensor box (the black box with a whole bunch of vacuum lines coming out if it), and the intake manifold.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

And have fun taking that bitch out its kind of a pain.

Comment

The fuel filter is shaped like a black round canister on the firewall passenge side right by the intake

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Seeing how its got a motor swap it's impossible to say for sure, but it should be on the passenger's side, between the fusebox and the throttle body. Just don't get it mistaken with the evap canister, in case the filter was relocated, removed, or replaced with an in-line filter. The difference is the fuel filter will leak fuel if you remove the bolt, the evap canister won't

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                  And have fun taking that bitch out its kind of a pain.
                  ^^^ have you tried to change a fuel filter out of a cd5? that was a total pain in the ass.

u guys are right bout the fuel filter, if its on the firewall does that mean its an accord fuel filter?

thanks for all the help guys

Comment

If its on the firewall in the stock location, then yes its an accord fuel filter.

Comment

ok thanks guys

Comment

yup,like they all said, passenger firewall.

Not very hard to swap. I think I had mine changed in 20-30 mins.

Comment

lol i just changed my fuel filter last week. Damn fuel line broke in the process. What a bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                            yup,like they all said, passenger firewall.

Not very hard to swap. I think I had mine changed in 20-30 mins.
                            Took me 30 minutes just to get it undone...i feel weak

.My Ride.

Comment

When I tried to do mine, i spent 10 minutes or so on it, and all it seemed like I was doing was bending the fuel lines... i don't feel so alone now... instead of breaking shit, I just took it to my repair shop, so if they break shit, they pay for it... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X