Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo on semi-stock f22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo on semi-stock f22?

I was wondering if anyone had turbo'd their f22 while keeping the engine stock.
    The reason im asking is cause there is a guy selling a turbo setup for the f22. i know ppl boost their stock d16 civics n keep them around 5 psi. i wanna know if my engine will blow up if turbo it n put it around 3-7 psi
    1992 Honda Accord Lx
    [/I][/I][/I]

yo

4rm what i heard u would need bigger fuel injectors and a strong head gasket to keep the rest stock

Comment

no youll be fine running stock for like 5 psi. it will just wear your motor faster than without a turbo. which is very obvious
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

idk

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
        no youll be fine running stock for like 5 psi. it will just wear your motor faster than without a turbo. which is very obvious
        if youre gonna put your foot to the pedal like i think anybody with turbo would do atleast get a strong head gasket

Comment

I run 8 psi on a stock motor with dsm injectors

Comment

Originally posted by P3dr0 View Post
            I was wondering if anyone had turbo'd their f22 while keeping the engine stock.
            The reason im asking is cause there is a guy selling a turbo setup for the f22. i know ppl boost their stock d16 civics n keep them around 5 psi. i wanna know if my engine will blow up if turbo it n put it around 3-7 psi
            Many here have used the stock F22 with turbo.
            I'm running a stock F22 myself (although being a new one) at 12psi on a Big 16G.

There is alot more than simply bolting the turbo on and off you go.
            Injectors, chipped ecu, turbo oil feed / return lines.
            It all depends on what the setup your looking at includes, and the quality of the parts.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Stock injectors WILL NOT WORK. They will underfuel the motor, causing a lean condition, which will lead to detonation.

Installng even a simple turbo setup is stil fairly complicated, and you need to know what you're doing if you expect your motor to last any significant amount of time.

Comment

FMU mike??? lol...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I wouldn't trust tired old squirters with just an FMU.

Comment

blah.. your sarcasm strainer is at its end...

just to clarify and give good advice

450cc+new Fuel filter+good working stock fuel pump is fine for about 10-15psi depending on the turbo setup

anything past that.. and a walbro 255lph is at best minimal for having proper fueling..

wasting money on aftermarket fuel rails is pointless though.. as they are not needed for even 500whp

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

other things to conisder for turbo:

need to upgrade clutch
                      condition of exhaust manifold bolts
                      motor mounts
                      tires and alignment
                      stopping power.

a lot more is considered, obviously if you wanna go faster you need better clutch and in order to stop that power better brakes.
                      keeping all your power down with motor mounts, and things like that.

stock headgasket is fine on small amounts of boost. also realize with boost your gunna get addicted and want more and more power!
                      trust me, it never stops.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                        blah.. your sarcasm strainer is at its end...
                        Carlos, I never know when you've managed to take something that SHOULD be a bad idea and figure out a way to make it work... You have a knack for doing that.

Comment

lol.. hence the avatar tag mike..hence the avatar tag....

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by 90-91accorddx View Post
                            4rm what i heard u would need bigger fuel injectors and a strong head gasket to keep the rest stock
                            OEM Honda head gaskets are the only choice for head gaskets. never get anything other than honda, yea they work but there is a reason why pro racers use only honda gaskets.

You will need bigger injectors and some form of tuning equipment.

I personally ran 14.5psi at 315hp on a BONE STOCK block for over 3 years with no issues.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                            member ride thread
                            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                              OEM Honda head gaskets are the only choice for head gaskets. never get anything other than honda, yea they work but there is a reason why pro racers use only honda gaskets.

You will need bigger injectors and some form of tuning equipment.

I personally ran 14.5psi at 315hp on a BONE STOCK block for over 3 years with no issues.
                              Yeah but I'm pretty sure your engine runs on witchcraft and was blessed by jesus himself.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                              I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Working...
                              X