Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear defroster switch doesnt stay's in off position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear defroster switch doesnt stay's in off position

Hey
    im trying to get my rear defroster to work. I changed the fews twice so its not that. Next im gonna buy a used icu off of a member with acess toto a junk yard because i dont. I press the button and you can here a click but it doesnt stay depressed. Today it was raining and fogged up so i had a friend hold it down and it started to work but we reached our destination before it fully cleared the window. What can i do? Will changing the icu fix this? Or the switch?

Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by dakiid; 04-09-2010, 11:54 PM.

Replace the switch.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

The rear defroster button never stays depressed. Only the fog light and hazard light switch do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        The rear defroster button never stays depressed. Only the fog light and hazard light switch do that.
        Mine does

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

go to jy and grab a switch .

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

So the switch is supposed to stay depressed? I assume so. So its the switch not the icu? Everything else tge icu controls work perfectly so it does make since that its a bad switch.

Comment

Originally posted by dakiid View Post
              So the switch is supposed to stay depressed? I assume so. So its the switch not the icu? Everything else tge icu controls work perfectly so it does make since that its a bad switch.
              Changed the thread title for you.

Yes it is supposed to stay depressed, My old accord had the same issue as yours.
              It would work if you held the button down, but turn off as soon as you let go.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Strange. Neither mine nor my brothers coupe stays depressed. You click it once and it turns on and click it again an it turns off. I thought it's suspoed to be like this so you don't turn the car on with the defroster on draining the battery

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                  Changed the thread title for you.

Yes it is supposed to stay depressed, My old accord had the same issue as yours.
                  It would work if you held the button down, but turn off as soon as you let go.
                  In the US they do not stay depressed it is a momentary switch...

Comment

I guess if the light inside it worked it be easier to tell of its on or off. So i have no problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                      I bet it's a jhm/1hg thing

Comment

Still kinda confused?
                        Last edited by dakiid; 04-10-2010, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                          Serious? Honda decided to make two different switches, damnit
                          It's hard enough dealing with your guys Usdm terms and identifying LHD/RHD components placement.
                          Now I find they made the same parts different haha.

Question - Does your guys defroster switch look the same as the hazard switch?

OP - Replace the bulb in the switch (or just swap the bulb with another switch for now), that way you will know for sure weather the switch is ON or OFF.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                          X