Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Possible Bad Ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Bad Ground

My neg battery post tack welds the wire.

So when I start I get a pzzt then everything goes dead. I get out and tap the neg battery terminal a few time and she starts. So I checked the battery wires and all seems good. When the test showed that the negative battery wire has a current running through it.

Any Idea on how I should proceed. I may not keep the car if I got electrical trouble.
    IridiumCore
    HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
    Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Replacing the cable will fix the issue, but try cleaning the connections if you can.
    The cable gets corroded internally as well as at the terminal.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

you may want to check the ground at the transmission as well. take it apart clean it with some sand paper. But yes it could corrode internally. Corrosion can cause resistance and cause alot of issues.,

Comment

Thank you gents. I am planning on looking into this today. I did notice a large portion of the negative battery cable exposed and postive cable rather long.
        IridiumCore
        HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Little Off Topic

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          Replacing the cable will fix the issue, but try cleaning the connections if you can.
          The cable gets corroded internally as well as at the terminal.
          Love the signature "Ignorance is not an excuse for stupidity" that fits into place with my foundation. The Iridium Foundation for the Eradication of Stupidity (IFES). Too funny.
          IridiumCore
          HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Ok I have replaced the negative battery terminal. Man that thing looked really bad. So far the problem has not resurfaced but I am giving a while.
            IridiumCore
            HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Working...
            X