Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ok so I got a new engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I got a new engine...

And then....
    Boom, it falls out the pick up truck.
    A friend of mine was transporting the engine back to his garage, stopped at a local grocery shop, began exiting the parking lot, got to the entrance of the plaza, stopped for the stop sign, accelerated.... and the engine just slides all the way eff'n back to the hatch, smashes through, and ends up on the ground at valve cover up position. Police come by, gives said friend a $140 ticket. Tow truck charges $60 to lift it back up in the pick up. A bag of sand is now holding the engine from sliding about.

Came with a 5 spd, that ended up with a gear box/selector(?) cracked open.
    Trans is probably ruined.
    The engine seems fine. I think, it's wet now. The internals under the valve cover. ALL WET from the rain. Yeah it's raining. Wtf.

LIKE WTF

Anyhow, think I can still bolt on the engine to my much much older, already installed, auto trans?
    Or do you think something could've happened. I can't tell you much and can't show pics right now... It's raining, i don't have a cherry picker right now. Unfortunate series of events. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!
    Help me out, I'm bugging right now.

Pics tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Gathers; 05-18-2010, 01:57 AM. Reason: Pics tomorrow morning.

That sucks, its probably not that bad, i've had several accidents with prior vehicles, and despite the front end getting smushed around the engine in both cases, the engines came out and went on to new owners without any problems. Had one person hit the driver side front fender @ 35-40mph in my 80 rx7. Then I had a young girl pull out in front of me while I had a green light and the right of way, and t-boned the driver side of her car at about 40mph in my 85 rx7. As long as things aren't cracked on the block/tranny, and or things bent in a way that affects the engine from functioning, you should be ok. Take some deep breaths, and everything will be alright
    Last edited by cloudasc; 05-18-2010, 02:36 AM.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Depending on the fall you might need a new oil pan and/or valve cover and maybe some sensors broke just look and see how bad the damage is but the engine will be fine just make sure water is not getting into the block and you should be fine, good luck.
      Originally posted by 92jdm
      if you have any mechanical inclination, it should be easier than a drunk highschool girl after prom.

Comment

Thanks cloudasc, Hopefully all is well. I am really hoping too. Maybe the oil pan cracked? An impact like that might do that perhaps?

What should I do about the water?

Edit: thanks to you too Chico.
        Last edited by Gathers; 05-18-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gathers View Post
          What should I do about the water?
          If you can try it get it covered the best you can and make sure to empty the oil pan tomorrow or as soon as it stops raining. If you just have the engine itself without the trans bolted to it you and a friend should be able to left it out the truck and get it inside, my buddy and I got his H22 long block in and out of my truck with just a little grunting lol.
          Originally posted by 92jdm
          if you have any mechanical inclination, it should be easier than a drunk highschool girl after prom.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico Suave View Post
            If you can try it get it covered the best you can and make sure to empty the oil pan tomorrow or as soon as it stops raining. If you just have the engine itself without the trans bolted to it you and a friend should be able to left it out the truck and get it inside, my buddy and I got his H22 long block in and out of my truck with just a little grunting lol.
            Lol, I'll give it a try after unbolting the trans. I'll post some pics up and have you guys help me determine the functionality of the trans... or whats left of it.

I know I have water in the head, should I wipe it down with something?
            Nvm.
            Edit: I am being a total noob, lets just say water DID get into the block. What happens then?
            Last edited by Gathers; 05-18-2010, 03:42 AM.

Comment

What specific engine is this?

Seems like your stuck using the original transaxle, as long as that is in good condition. If some external components on it do not work, atleast you have the spare to remove parts from (as long as they are not damaged).

In order to meet your objective of determining if there was damage done to your replacement engine, you need to know what to look for. It is apparent you are not experienced or familiar with it.

Check your PM.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Please, next time use something to tie down your load. What a bummer. I feel for you bro.
                '91 DX 4dr, brown on brown

Comment

Thanks to everyone. And yeah Janowski, I'll DEFINITELY remember to next time. =/

Comment

Working...
                  X