Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 accord brake caliper help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
    OP did you compress the piston back in to the caliper?

From the sounds of it you didnt.

When your pads wear down the piston comes out farther and farther. When you install new pads ( and maybe rotors ) they are thicker. You need to push the piston back in with a C clamp and a block of wood.
    if he has new/rebuilt units he shouldnt have to (especially if loaded). at least not much.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

cant

its not lettin me put pictures up and dont know why or what im doin wrong but the rotors are attached to the hub
      Last edited by billjack07; 05-18-2010, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billjack07 View Post
        hey i have a 90 accord and am havin alot of trouble with finding calipers for it they are nissan stamped and the vin says its a US model but every caliper that i have ordered has been wrong if someone knows what is left for me to do let me know
        If available buy the 92-95 Prelude calipers. They will work great.
        600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

its not lettin me put pictures up and dont know why or what im doin wrong but the rotors are attached to the hub
          get a photobucket account. It's free. Upload your pictures to photobucket. Simply copy the IMG code that photobucket generates for you and past it into your post in this thread. Your picture will show up for all of us to see.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

sounds like a stock setup.
            nobody in their right mind would go thru the trouble of another rotor under hub swap on an accord.

you really shouldnt be having a problem with anything but stock calipers.

methinks you should try the numbers i suggested...

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

pics?

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/yy259/billjack07/

Comment

looks like a stock setup.
                i really think you need to try the nissin calipers again.

maybe you got an abnormally thick set of pads the first time. i've seen it happen before.

Comment

going over the pics i have on file for the NAPA parts...

you DEFINITELY have the numbers i suggested earlier. try them again.

NAPA numbers: 242-62075 and 076.

Comment

Just curious, but is this a pretty typical way of doing a brake job? Not saying it's wrong, it's just that I find it easier to remove the caliper and bracket in one piece rather than removing the caliper from the bracket... maybe my way is wrong and this is the best way? Just wonderin...

But back on topic here... I'm suprised you are having so much difficulty getting a caliper. I believe Akebono and Nissin will fit.

Here's what I pulled up for a 90 4DR LX. Not sure exactly what you have, but check it out. Your caliper says 17CL-14VN which is Nissin. You already know that, but there is also an Akebono caliper available.

Nissin

Akebono

If nothing else, just go to this site and put in your own info.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

i will go to napa tomorrow and check them over and see if my pads are to thick to

Comment

Working...
                      X