Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the a4 is the one with the tubular design not the a1 or a6
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by trickery View Post
      Is this a joke or for real, i thought that the A6 had the best of the stock exhaust manifolds? us beginners dont know when your joking....
      when i joke, i tend to follow sed joke with a 'LOL' of some sort
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

a6 does not have the "best" header

you COULD get an exhaust of ebay at your own risk. I'm sure you could find one on ebay for 200-400 cat back that is 2.5" or more.

Have you priced Kteller? Course you'd have to have access to a welder.

TASauto's performance cat back exhaust is around 200, you could spend the other 250 on cheap ass header/downpipe as long as they are large enough, otherwise stick with a4 header. Most of the headers/downpipes on ebay are no better than that stock header.

But tasauto is only 2.25" in diameter...fine for OEM N/A...but it is also pretty loud, the restrictor in the muffler cuts your pipe size down quit a bit...it's got a small exit size. If you remove it you are loud as shit.

If you have some good mods you may want 2.5" Look in the classifieds here as well.
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGON JOEY View Post
          one of the guys recommended this site http://www.andysautosport.com/ in a different thread, I checked it out and it's got pretty good prices for the parts they have, including catbacks...if that's ur budget right now u should take a look they have a few in that price range...
          one of the most helpful advice so far.. shops can do the piping for you they should beat you in the head too much about pricing... but they can make up alotta bull.. and andysautosport is amazing

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGON JOEY View Post
            one of the guys recommended this site http://www.andysautosport.com/ in a different thread, I checked it out and it's got pretty good prices for the parts they have, including catbacks...if that's ur budget right now u should take a look they have a few in that price range...
            nice web site...body kits were around 750...

*and some for around $500...niiiiice...love finding these sites.
            Last edited by bcjammerx; 06-21-2010, 01:07 AM.
            ____

Comment

just to add...any exhaust that has large diameter and a big can muffler is going to be loud. Where you will need to spend some money is on a couple (not just one) resonators, and a good muffler at the end. I need to get either a second resonator or two new ones for my tasauto setup. Eventually I would like to go up to 2.5" but I will not benefit from such an exhaust setup being all stock as I am.

Kinda like intakes where the tubing is cheap and the filter is expensive...don't waste a lot of money on the pipes (unless you want stainless steel)...you will want to spend your money on the individual components...resonatorS and the muffler. Though I would wager a guess that the resonators are really where the dough should go...but do not get a hella cheap muffler, of course.
              ____

Comment

Working...
              X