Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No resonator makes it louder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No resonator makes it louder?

But how much louder? I'm thinking about doing a generic 2.25 pipe from cat back without the resonator. Not turbo'ing or anything but just want to know if it's worth skipping the resonator.
    Sig removed due to excessive size.

It's not worth skipping the resonator. It's going to be raspy and shitty sounding, and won't give you more than a horsepower.

Comment

YES. Sounds like a empty soda can with a few coins inside rattling at about 3k RPM, 10x louder. I know, because I had none for 2 months.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

much louder and also cutts back on the back pressure. cops love it tho lol.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking to gain power from this. Just trying to cheap out and hope to not have to find a resonator. Does anyone know where I can get a resonator that will fit if I'm doing 2.25" pipe? How long is the resonator and is it OK to just use the one from my stock setup?
          Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

What are you talking about cutting back on the backpressure? Backpressure is the enemy.
            Call me Travis.
            2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
            1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
            1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
            1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Just go to an exhaust shop. They will have one...
              Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles
              Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                What are you talking about cutting back on the backpressure? Backpressure is the enemy.
                back pressure is by far not the enemy... a car with no back pressure will run like shit back pressure is supposed to be there... however too much or too little back pressure can also be bad

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Dude, my resonator's gone the day i went on the circuit, its sound way too loud imma record it later on and youll see. And when you absolutly need to drive to somewhere, be careful to not push your luck cuz "cops" gonna like you!

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                  1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                    back pressure is by far not the enemy... a car with no back pressure will run like shit back pressure is supposed to be there... however too much or too little back pressure can also be bad
                    I will redeem myself here and say that needing a certain amount of backpressure is a myth. a car will run fine with zero backpressure. what deviates performance is pipe size, hence exhaust gas velocity and volume to maintain proper scavenging and performance.

Comment

There is a thread on this ...I will try and find it for you later!!!

EDIT
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=backpressure

Here you go!!!! Enjoy!!!!
                      Last edited by HappyGilmore; 07-21-2010, 12:43 PM.
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                        No, whatever ricer told you that should be shot... If they haven't been already.
                        Educate yourself(oh and don't skim, this is not all about turbo/Subaru applications):
                        http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3222
                        Call me Travis.
                        1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                        1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                          No, whatever ricer told you that should be shot... If they haven't been already.
                          Educate yourself(oh and don't skim, this is not all about turbo/Subaru applications):
                          http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3222
                          Probably not a ricer... the backpressure crap seems to come largely from muscle car guys.

Sadly, no matter how many smart people say otherwise, there will ALWAYS be a handful of idiots that say "you need backpressure for performance".

Comment

I took the resonator out when I installed my 2.5" catback.

Worst sounding car I'd ever heard in my life. So raspy.

Keep the resonator, and dont use a round style muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Sadly, no matter how many smart people say otherwise, there will ALWAYS be a handful of idiots that say "you need backpressure for performance".
                              And I am on a quest to eradicate that...
                              Call me Travis.
                              1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                              1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Working...
                              X