Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine fans don't work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine fans don't work.

Well lately i haven't heard a fan kick in after i turn off the cb and wonder if its supposed to. i know my friends does only difference between ours is hes auto im 5spd and i got a a6 he has a a1. so i want to know if its supposed to kick in like his. if its supposed to how would i fix this? would i have to replace the relay?

Turbo Setup: 100%

my fan doesnt come on after i turn my car off.... ive got a 93 5 speed a6
    COUPE K24

Comment

hmm maybe its an automatic thing? its seems not to be on when its running and i pop the hood either.

Comment

how long have you let it sit and idle? mine takes about 40 minutes to kick on if its just idleing..
        COUPE K24

Comment

I've never let it sit and idle since im always on the move to work and stuff. but ill try it tomorrow. I pop the hood after a drive sometimes to check on things and i don't feel the hot air hitting me from the fans. bad fuse maybe? keeping the cb cool in this summer heat would be nice.

Comment

yea im worried about mine too. lolol do you have ac in your car? you could just turn it on and see if the fans kick. they are supposed to be on anytime the ac is on.
            COUPE K24

Comment

yea thats one thing i wanted to keep cause of the summer time. ill try that also cause i rarely use A/C cause i like my windows down, makes me feel part of the cb.

Comment

They should come one when your car hits a certain temp. If it doesnt go above the temp then it doesnt turn on. If your car is overheating then you have a problem.

On my 240 I installed an e-fan ghetto rigged to a switch untill I get everything to hook it up correctly but anyways only time that I need to turn it on is if I am stuck in traffic and the car starts heating up.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                New people click here

Comment

it hasn't overheated yet (knock on wood) so im either assuming it doesnt reach that certain temp or a fuse or somethings bad.

Comment

This sounds like you're worrying about nothing. If the car is NOT running hot or over heating then stop worrying. Sometimes the fans come on after it running and sometimes they don't. I've NEVER heard mine come on after I've been driving and the car is off, but my car runs right at normal temp. with a good clean radiator and new thermostat.

Maybe your friends radiator is clogged and old causing ineffecient cooling and the fans to run more often?

Comment

i have a 93 auto. and once i come home and park my car every night my fans come on once my car is shut off .and i have a new radiator,thermostat,cooling. so its not a matter of old stuff

it could be an automatic thing maybe
                      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Like I said, if the car is NOT over heating or running hot, then don't worry about it. If you're super paranoid, then go get an infared thermometer and take readings at the upper radiator hose.

You're worried about fans running AFTER the car is off??? I see no POINT to worry about that. If the car isn't hot enough to warrant fan operation while the engine is off, then the ECU won't turn the fans on.

Do they fans come on while the car is running?

Comment

Just because the car is at normal temperatures does not mean the fans shouldn't come on.

So my advice to you OP check your fuses/relays and also check and make sure your fans are plugged in.
                          You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                          Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                            Just because the car is at normal temperatures does not mean the fans shouldn't come on.

So my advice to you OP check your fuses/relays and also check and make sure your fans are plugged in.
                            You're not reading things correctly...I said IF the car is running the fans should come on once a) the engine reaches a certain temperature as defined by the ECU and ECTS or b) the a/c is on

Once the engine is off, who gives a damn?? Honda stopped that "fans on with engine off" feature.

What does the temp. guage say inside the car WHILE THE CAR IS ON? If it's pegged right where it should be, the fans cut on, and it doesn't overheat or run hot, then what's the issue? If you're unsure, then find an infared thermometer and check the temp. of hoses as well as check the coolant temp. sensors for the ECU and temp. guage (they are seperate).

You could also turn the car on (but don't start the engine) after a hot run to see if the fans come on and the guage isn't reading high or hot.

THINK PEOPLE!!

Comment

Originally posted by s2cmpugh View Post
                              You're not reading things correctly...I said IF the car is running the fans should come on once a) the engine reaches a certain temperature as defined by the ECU and ECTS or b) the a/c is on

Once the engine is off, who gives a damn?? Honda stopped that "fans on with engine off" feature.

What does the temp. guage say inside the car WHILE THE CAR IS ON? If it's pegged right where it should be, the fans cut on, and it doesn't overheat or run hot, then what's the issue? If you're unsure, then find an infared thermometer and check the temp. of hoses as well as check the coolant temp. sensors for the ECU and temp. guage (they are seperate).

You could also turn the car on (but don't start the engine) after a hot run to see if the fans come on and the guage isn't reading high or hot.

THINK PEOPLE!!
                              Sorry but no where in your posts did you say anything about your first paragraph.

You are assuming its nothing to worry about at all when his fans do not come on after he shuts his car off. Every vehicle I have rode in if it was a long drive after shutting off and getting out of the car..the fans kicked on for a few minutes. Plus if there not coming on after he shuts the car off, who's to say they come on at all? He never said they come on while he driving. So therefore what I said should be checked before he even worries about starting the car and running it to see if they kick on.. why not do the simple stuff and check to see that everything is connect and no fuse/relay is blown?

Comment

Working...
                              X