Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brakes pressure seems to fade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes pressure seems to fade

So whats up guys, I have a 90 accord lx. Over the course of a few months I've began to notice more and more my brake pedal sinking to the floor while at stop lights. For the 90 seconds I'm at a light the brake pedal slowly sinks about an 1 and half inch or so. Basically like its a loss of pressure. So this leads me to my question. Could this possibly be a brake booster issue? I've looked for leaks and checked my brake fluid level which has remained a constant so its not leaking. The car brakes fine when applying the brakes to slow normally but if im just sitting there applying pressure it drops noticeably and this drop forces me to apply more pressure to keep the brakes holding the car on a hill.

Any ideas ladies and gentlemen? Thanks in advance for all that take the time to help.

sounds like a master cylinder gone bad to me....
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

So theres no way the brake booster could be involed? I'm a novice when it comes to cars but I just like to be sure what I need to look for ya know so don't take my challanging your oppion as me being rude. Lol just trying to give my brain a jump start

Comment

Originally posted by NewAgeTuner View Post
        So theres no way the brake booster could be involed? I'm a novice when it comes to cars but I just like to be sure what I need to look for ya know so don't take my challanging your oppion as me being rude. Lol just trying to give my brain a jump start
        i'm not sure if the brake booster could be involved or not... you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in on that one
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I had the same problem and it was my master cylinder...bought it brand new at auto zone for like 30-40 bucks and problem was done.

Comment

its a bad master cyl i have replaced hundreds........

Comment

Your master cylinder is on it's way out. A bad booster would make a hissing sound, like a tire leaking air.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                Your master cylinder is on it's way out. A bad booster would make a hissing sound, like a tire leaking air.
                Would you hear this from inside the car? is it a constant hiss or only when you hit the brakes?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                  Would you hear this from inside the car? is it a constant hiss or only when you hit the brakes?
                  OP has a bad master cylinder, a bad booster won't always make noise but will result in the brake pedal being hard as stone.
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Yeup, sucks when the brake booster goes, but it will most likely be a bad MC. Or it could even be just the seal where it mounts to the brake booster.
                    ]

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys im defintely going to head out and buy me a new one.

Comment

Bad master cylinder

where is this located at in the engine bay. im having the same problem but only if i hold the brake down and just like bounce it up and down it starts to sink and i can go all the way to the floor
                        What Do You Tell a Chick With 2 Black Eye's?
                        Nothing You Already Told Her Twice

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCB7 View Post
                          where is this located at in the engine bay. im having the same problem but only if i hold the brake down and just like bounce it up and down it starts to sink and i can go all the way to the floor
                          right underneath the brake fluid reservoir. just a few bolts and lines to undo then you just switch them out.

Comment

Working...
                          X