Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stranded, Car doesn't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranded, Car doesn't Start

Community, i was headed home after going to the junk yard, as i was driving the car sputtered horribly and shut off, and did not want to start back up, i was stranded for 7 hours on the side of the road, til TRIPLE A came!

Luckly i had some extra knowledge with me my friend blubb2 and his brother, the problem rite now and what we found is, THERE IS NO SPARK WAT SO EVER.

On the spot we changed the ext coil to 2 other diff ones, checked for spark and nothing, we then changed the dist and still NO SPARK, it will crank and crank but will NOT start.

What else can i look for, maybe Ignition switch??

thanks.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

ignighter in the distributor .... they tend to go bad after all these years. The one from advance or pep boys last about a year and cost around 60-80 dollars ...

the ones from Honda last about 10+ years and are around 120-150 ...

get the genuine Honda one if your planning on keeping the car for a while ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

We changed to a diff dizzy and still no spark.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        Check all your fuses bud?

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Josh, we should check with my H23 dizzy I have in my garage, maybe my fuse 30A fuse in the coil plug didnt work...however it does work for my JDM motor. Also heres the thing, we checked spark off the external coil itself and got nothing but then again we switched it out for 2 others and STILL got nothing.
          www.PreludePower.com
          BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
            Check all your fuses bud?
            Honestly bro, which fuse would you check??....the only one I can think of is starter signal fuse but it was cranking fine but not firing up.
            www.PreludePower.com
            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

check all your grounds ,try a diferent cap and rotror .

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
                Honestly bro, which fuse would you check??....the only one I can think of is starter signal fuse but it was cranking fine but not firing up.
                ECU fuse.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Community, i was headed home after going to the junk yard, as i was driving the car sputtered horribly and shut off, and did not want to start back up, i was stranded for 7 hours on the side of the road, til TRIPLE A came!

Luckly i had some extra knowledge with me my friend blubb2 and his brother, the problem rite now and what we found is, THERE IS NO SPARK WAT SO EVER.

On the spot we changed the ext coil to 2 other diff ones, checked for spark and nothing, we then changed the dist and still NO SPARK, it will crank and crank but will NOT start.

What else can i look for, maybe Ignition switch??

thanks.
                  I encountered this same problem. It ended up being my igniter and coil. The 20 year old plug wires set up so much resistance that the coil burned through its coating instead of going to the plugs, and once it did, I'm guessing it fried the ignitor jumping all the voltage around in the distributor housing. Bummer deal, but with a Neighbor like Juan, I got a good ignitor and bought a new coil from Shmucks O'smileys, and I was back on the road after a week and a half of honda-less-ness. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    ECU fuse.
                    Alrite good thinking, although its most likely not the culprit but it wouldnt hurt to check. As far as grounds is there one near the thermostat housing?? We are going to try another dizzy soon. Im honestly leaning towards ignition switch as the cause, What do you guys think?
                    www.PreludePower.com
                    BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Maybe the timing belt snapped? Did you check to see if the rotor was spinning when you turn it over?

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                        Maybe the timing belt snapped? Did you check to see if the rotor was spinning when you turn it over?
                        Im really not hoping that happened..lol but No, we will check that also.
                        www.PreludePower.com
                        BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

what junkyard we're you at cus i think i saw u
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

new ringgold

Comment

the car bogged and sputtered before it died, from what i understand when a tb snaps u loose power instantly, also my idle was loopy also b4 it shut off

Comment

Working...
                              X