Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Aem intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aem intake

I was looking at some Aem intakes and im wondering if any one had any issues with fitting the cold air intake to a h22 since the info on the site does not say about the motor, I assume there were designed for the f22.

I have a hh2a4 that im getting ready to drop in. Im still pondering if i want a short or cold intake. but fitting is a worry.

Any body know?

yes it will fit. an intake is just a pipe.what matters is the filter. get a cheap pipe and spend your money on a k&n filter.

as for CAI vs SRI, its been debated forever. read read and read. Then decide which is best for you
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

You're in Florida? I wouldn't suggest a CAI .. rains and floods there far too much.
      However, I'm sure others will debate that, using gates or whatever .. still ..
      I have the AEM SRI, and it's just fine .. it is a good point as mentioned tho,
      make sure you have a qaulity filter.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Honestly, I've had a CAI since I got my H22 swap... and if I could do it again, I'd get a cheap short ram with a good filter. The CAI was way too expensive, and I now have a jagged rusty hole in my engine bay, that will inevitably result in my entire engine bay rusting out in time.

The Accord CAI will be a little small, and choke the H22 higher in the RPM range. The Prelude CAI won't fit 100% perfect, but it will fit (that's what I have.) AEM sends you a little rubber mounting bushing thing... and it says "if you don't install this piece, your warranty is void"... yeah, the Prelude CAI on an H22 in the CB engine bay... you can't use that piece! Of course, how much of a warranty do you really need for a pipe?

Comment

CAI in florida doesnt sound too bad, i have a CAI in WA and we can get some pretty shitty weather. just as long as you dont be a dumb ass like my friend and forget to put on his hood after fixing his wiper motor. it rained overnight and all his shit got wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting in 808 View Post
            CAI in florida doesnt sound too bad, i have a CAI in WA and we can get some pretty shitty weather. just as long as you dont be a dumb ass like my friend and forget to put on his hood after fixing his wiper motor. it rained overnight and all his shit got wet.
            Has nothin to do with what a CAI without a by pass will do to an engine AKA hydro locked.Only intake i ever had that was a CAI and made a diffrence from a short ram was an AEM V2 good stuff pricy but good.Like all ready stated Ebay piping and a great flowing filter helps you save money and possibly your engine in the long run.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I have an AEM CAI and it fits fine. I just ordered one for an H22A. Only problem you'll run into is cutting the hole larger where it drops through the passenger side apron down in front of the wheel liner. An air saw goes a long way here. Make sure to touch up the cut edges with some self etching primer and a little paint. Or just use POR 15 around the opening.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

That's where I screwed up... I tried to use a cutting wheel on a dremel... yeah, that sucked. I cut it with tin snips, and just let it stay that way for years. Hit it with "rust converter" later on, but it was too late. I'm going to need to have that whole area cut out and patched. Or I'll just do a full tube frame front end

A CAI can lead to hydrolock if you submerse the filter in water. I live in the NJ swamplands, and I've never had an issue myself. Just drive smart. If it looks too deep, assume it is.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Honestly, I've had a CAI since I got my H22 swap... and if I could do it again, I'd get a cheap short ram with a good filter. The CAI was way too expensive, and I now have a jagged rusty hole in my engine bay, that will inevitably result in my entire engine bay rusting out in time.

The Accord CAI will be a little small, and choke the H22 higher in the RPM range. The Prelude CAI won't fit 100% perfect, but it will fit (that's what I have.) AEM sends you a little rubber mounting bushing thing... and it says "if you don't install this piece, your warranty is void"... yeah, the Prelude CAI on an H22 in the CB engine bay... you can't use that piece! Of course, how much of a warranty do you really need for a pipe?
                  Nice to know the oem one is a lil small for it, ill cross oem out lol.
                  I want a cai , but hydrolock is a issue, although i hate driving in rain, hydroplaining is a pain.... but i could build a cold air box to solve that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                    I have an AEM CAI and it fits fine. I just ordered one for an H22A. Only problem you'll run into is cutting the hole larger where it drops through the passenger side apron down in front of the wheel liner. An air saw goes a long way here. Make sure to touch up the cut edges with some self etching primer and a little paint. Or just use POR 15 around the opening.
                    what model aem intake did you use? love your car btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradien View Post
                      Nice to know the oem one is a lil small for it, ill cross oem out lol.
                      I want a cai , but hydrolock is a issue, although i hate driving in rain, hydroplaining is a pain.... but i could build a cold air box to solve that issue.
                      OEM is Original Equipment... You mean the Accord one?

I mean, it'll work fine, and fit properly... but your top end will suffer some.

Really, don't waste your money on an expensive AEM CAI, unless you need that CARB exemption (and that's in CA only). Seriously, just get a cheap ebay short ram, and replace the filter with one from K&N or AEM (AEM's dry-flo filters are great)

Comment

OEM is Original Equipment... You mean the Accord one?

I mean, it'll work fine, and fit properly... but your top end will suffer some.

Really, don't waste your money on an expensive AEM CAI, unless you need that CARB exemption (and that's in CA only). Seriously, just get a cheap ebay short ram, and replace the filter with one from K&N or AEM (AEM's dry-flo filters are great)
                        In Fl there is no emissions or inspections, what i want is the best performance and it too look slick at the same time. it doesnt have to be Aem, im just browsing through some known names. Wherms set up looks sick and he happened to use Aem lol

i know what oem is, i was thinking to myself that would i have any repercussions using the "Accords" on the h22a4 lol.

Comment

You wouldn't hurt anything... and the difference in horsepower wouldn't be significant, really. You might actually end up with more usable power down low, actually. It won't BE faster, but it might feel faster.

And please resize your sig. It is far too large.

Comment

You wouldn't hurt anything... and the difference in horsepower wouldn't be significant, really. You might actually end up with more usable power down low, actually. It won't BE faster, but it might feel faster.

And please resize your sig. It is far too large.
                            I dont expect it to be a dramatic change, what ill end up probably doing is using oem for a while till i find the set id like to put it. Ill probably do a battery relocate at the same time.

Comment

Yeah, the battery definitely gets in the way. I managed to squeeze mine in place with a full size battery there, but I've been considering a relocate myself. I'll probably just get an Odyssey battery, though. My engine bay looks like poo anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X