Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Accord race car Build/Questions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've getting some good work done yesterday and today.

-Replaced right rear hub, it was slightly loose
    -Removed cracked header, ported new upper header
    -Adjusted valves
    -Installed catch can, had to make a bracket
    -New left front upper ball joint urethane boot, cleaned and regreased joint
    -Cleaned air filter
    -Checked, cleaned cap and rotor

Only a few things left to get it ready, for next weekend!

Window net, move from 944 to Accord
    Harness, move from 944 to Accord
    Wrap new header
    install new header
    Replace upper radiator hose
    Repalce lower rad hose
    Mount new tires

I'd also like to get some stronger steel mesh in front of the radiator to avoid another rock incident, does anyone have any or know where I can get some? Home Depot didn't have anything.

Fancy $25 Ebay catch can, this will keep our intake free of oil vapors, hopefully it vents well enough to keep down crankcase pressure

Comment

To stop that rock you might have needed some expanded metal plate mounted far enough in front of the radiator that it wouldn't have been pushed into the radiator. Like mounted on the front of the radiator support frame.
      ==========================
      1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
      1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
      Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
      Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
      Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

I just finished reading this entire thread and it gets me super excited to continue building my 93 se coupe! Would love to build one specifically for track days one day.

Few questions for you, yes, I know it's been 1.5 years.

What head gasket have you been using, and do you reuse the Honda head bolts with any issues? Also, I love your wheels! What brand are they?

Comment

You must have a pile of junk parts! I wish I could do this but to just run out and buy stuff for every race would cost too much. I'm guessing the team chips in, which is amazing and wish I could do something like this. Great thread.

Comment

Yeah I do have a pretty big pile of junk parts and scrap metal, old wiring, just everything I think might be useful. Parts from my VWs, BMWs, Hondas, Porsches, etc haha

Originally posted by StealthCB View Post
            Few questions for you, yes, I know it's been 1.5 years.

What head gasket have you been using, and do you reuse the Honda head bolts with any issues? Also, I love your wheels! What brand are they?
            I've just been using a stock headgasket. I just use a cheap gasket kit, I think it was an ITM gasket last time. Yeah I reuse head bolts. Never had a problem. I've reused them on my turbo VW for 25 years, I reuse rod bolts on my track E30 even when everyone on the forums screams about replacing them!

The wheels are XXR 530 15x8 20ET. I love them and for the longest time they were $99 a piece. They were cheaper than the tires. Looks like they're $140 each now

This year I'm planning on doing Lucky Dog at Willow Springs in May and Buttonwillow in Sept with 24 Hours of Lemons! I need to pull the trans and have it gone through again, I'll be updating the thread with progress.

Comment

We are planning on Buttonwillow in September. We haven't done that in a while.
              ==========================
              1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
              1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
              Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
              Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
              M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
              Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
                This year I'm planning on doing Lucky Dog at Willow Springs in May and Buttonwillow in Sept with 24 Hours of Lemons! I need to pull the trans and have it gone through again, I'll be updating the thread with progress
                Originally posted by ukemike View Post
                We are planning on Buttonwillow in September. We haven't done that in a while.
                I wish we were hitting Buttonwillow in Sept. with you guys but we had to change to Thunderhill in May instead. My wife's due date is basically the race weekend in September, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                X