Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23 vs f22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 vs f22

well, ive searched but havent found anything.
    i know the h23 has more hp then the f22 in stock form. but what about when you start adding some mods? everything ive read said that the f22's have a great flowing head, so with some porting and polishing, IM, cam, full exhaust, maybe plain the head for some higher compression, would you be making around the same hp as an h23? Im asking this because i have both an h23 and f22 laying around here, and which ever one goes im my car i atleast plan on doing some head work, but if the f22 is going to make around the same power as the h23 then i may as well stick with the f series. anyone have opinions on this?

Originally posted by corkum View Post
    well, ive searched but havent found anything.
    i know the h23 has more hp then the f22 in stock form. but what about when you start adding some mods? everything ive read said that the f22's have a great flowing head, so with some porting and polishing, IM, cam, full exhaust, maybe plain the head for some higher compression, would you be making around the same hp as an h23? Im asking this because i have both an h23 and f22 laying around here, and which ever one goes im my car i atleast plan on doing some head work, but if the f22 is going to make around the same power as the h23 then i may as well stick with the f series. anyone have opinions on this?
    with all u just listed and a nasty tune and tuner...ull be lookin at h22 whp or pretty close to it...the f22a is the easyist motor to build imo....when i had my single cam all i had was stage 2 bisi cam and retainers h23im.and 11.1 f20b dohc vtec stock pistons and with a crap ass tune i was still rapin gutted hatch backs with ls and gsr swaps like cake...even the local h22 accords couldnt keep up.....f22a=unlimited posabilitys...

also i want to add if u want h23 power or more just get the bisimoto header..garentied 26 whp on a bone stock f22a.

my new turbo build

Comment

well, i have an h23. but its going to need some work before i put it in my car, so i was just wondering if it was worht it or should i just stick with my f22 and use the money that i was going to use to build the h23 to build the f22, and part out the h23 for some more money.

Comment

i would part and build the f.

my new turbo build

Comment

you have any hp numbers from your build? i would eventually like to be making around 200whp.

Comment

I would build the F myself. I've got IHE, a stage one cam and the p12 ecu from the f22a1 Prelude S, plus I still haven't swapped my IM to the A6/H23 hybrid and I put down about 165 hp at the wheels (about 190 at the crank). I run mid 15's in the quarter off the bottle and the potential for the F as an N/A beast is there.

An H swap is visibly cool, and will give you some power, but when you pop the hood and show off your 200+ whp SOHC F, that's different altogether.

Comment

dude you have so many options!

#1 build your self a monster f22.

#2 build your self a monster h23.

#3 build your self a monster g22.

personally id do a f22, in my old build i had a cammed cb7 with a megan header and a cold air intake, spraying a 100 shot of Nitrous Oxide System. and 1 ran a low low 14's, to high 13's all day long.

sell your h23 to a prelude guy and start your f22 build.

Comment

well, i dont want to do the whole frank motor, because i just dont think it is a good idea. From what i have been reading im thinking the f22 would be the best way to go. im shooting for 170-180 whp

Comment

F22 all the way dude.

I know nothing, but I think you should stick with the F..

ha. .peace.

Comment

The more I look onto it the more I want an h23 vtec perfect for how I drive and since I am pretty much going for just a swap and mild mods
                    ____

Comment

so, there is still no real solid info about what motor would be better, you guys are saying that you perfer the f22 over the h23.
                      if i put the exact same mods on my h23, as i would the f22, then which one would make more power? For mods it would be I/H/E port and polished head and IM/TB, plained head and a set of cams. so which would make better power?

Comment

You want to add mods to each and ask which has better power with said mods. I would say the F22Ax would creep out ahead. I had an F22A with mods of:

11:1comp
                        Max Bore throttle body (H23)
                        H23 plenum (gutted w/no IAB's)
                        F22A6 runners (gutted)
                        Bisi stg 2 cam
                        Ported/valve job F22A head
                        Bisi springs/stock retainers
                        Megan header
                        Test pipe (wish I kept the cat as the test pipe was a waste)
                        Apexi WS2 exhaust

Made little over 200whp with a CRUSHED downpipe as a major restriction of power. I ran H22 ludes (stock)and walked Sti's (stock) and creeped out on a stock S2k (Older gentleman was SHOCKED as hell!).....all on a built f22A SOHC motor.

The choice ends up being yours in the end as YOU will be the one driving your car.

Now it did cost me a bit to build it yes BUT I chose to as parts were easier to come by and I like the SOHC.
                        3 CB's gone....
                        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

anyone have any info on the h23?
                          it really dosnt seem liek a real popular swap on here, thats why im second guessing myself on this. not because i want to be like everyone, but if no one is swaping for the h23 then there must be some reason behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by corkum View Post
                            anyone have any info on the h23?
                            it really dosnt seem liek a real popular swap on here, thats why im second guessing myself on this. not because i want to be like everyone, but if no one is swaping for the h23 then there must be some reason behind it.
                            The reason is because the F is a better build in the long run. DOHC only offers one advantage over SOHC, and thats the ability to easily change intake vs. exhaust valve timing. The same thing can be done with an SOHC, it just requires the cam to be changed instead of the cam gears being adjusted. The F22AX head is reputedly one of the best flowing heads (after a PnP) that Honda ever put out.
                            The best advice I can give you is make a decision and stick with it. Build whatever you want to build.

I love my F. If you're shooting for 170-180 hp, I'd say stick with it. The money you'd spend getting another engine and ECU, swapping it, finding and fixing the litle crap that can happen during a swap could have been spent gettting the same amount of power (if not more) from an F.

If you want more info on the H23, check wiki for H series Honda engines.

Comment

The reason why i asked this question, is because i already have BOTH engines. ive already spent some money on the h23. if i will make more power with the h23, then ill stick with that, but if im going to make more power then the f22 then i can do that also, see where im comming from? Even if i do stick with the f22. From what ive been reading im going to have to spend the money on another ecu anyways.
                              thanks for everyones help, if someone with an h23 swap would could put in their opinion it would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X