Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Accord LX 5-speed... Does it have ABS/Traction/Airbags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Accord LX 5-speed... Does it have ABS/Traction/Airbags?

Looking at a 91 LX sedan 5mt...

I would like to know if they came with ABS, or some form of traction control, or any airbags, or any kind of safety feature?

Looking at the car as a winter beater, and would like to be able to predict how it will perform in the snow when compared to my 2006 Accord which has each and every one of those things. I'm not really trying to compare necessarily, but I know how mine is in the snow, and I'd be retiring its snow duties in leiu of the 91 performing them, so I'm trying to at least get a decent idea of how it would do...

Thanks

Originally posted by FollowingNFront View Post
    Looking at a 91 LX sedan 5mt...

I would like to know if they came with ABS, or some form of traction control, or any airbags, or any kind of safety feature?

Looking at the car as a winter beater, and would like to be able to predict how it will perform in the snow when compared to my 2006 Accord which has each and every one of those things. I'm not really trying to compare necessarily, but I know how mine is in the snow, and I'd be retiring its snow duties in leiu of the 91 performing them, so I'm trying to at least get a decent idea of how it would do...

Thanks
    Atleast my LX doesn't have the ABS or the traction control. It does however have driverside airbag. It's from US so I think it's got same features. I've driven mine for one winter and it is pretty good on snow, but if you have aggressive driving style and always put the gas pedal to the floor then it's not for you. The cars do have 15 years of age difference.

Comment

I know Wiki isn't a 100% reliable source of info especially for school work but it is a very good read none the less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_A...2.80.931993.29

I'm thinking no that you didn't get teh ABS system or a passenger airbag. The only way to find out for sure is if you pop the hood and look for the ABS resevoir and in the cabin for a passenger airbag.
      Last edited by Leung; 11-21-2010, 08:19 AM.

Comment

The 91 LX has no ABS, no traction control (no CB had that), and no airbag. Airbags were introduced in 1992 for all CB models.

Comment

Hmm... Doesn't the fact that CB7s don't have airbags (at least 90-91) deter people from buying them?

I guess what I'm asking is, how good are CB7s in accidents? Do they protect the driver/passenger good?

Comment

Well enough. They are old cars, made to the safety standards of the time they were built. As safe as many of today's cars? Probably not. Safer than a 1985 CRX? Yes.

A number of our members have crashed. None, to my knowledge, have died (one passenger, may she rest in peace...) Only one driver has sustained considerable injuries, and he has since recovered and has purchased another CB7.
            The majority of the injuries I have seen sustained have come from side impact, which would not be helped by any of the safety things mentioned in this thread anyway.

Comment

I hit a tree @ 30mph in my dads 90-91 Accord....maroon.

Yea me and the 3 passengers came out in pretty decent shape...the worst injury was a busted lip and some bruises(because the rear passengers were not wearing seatbelts.

These cars hold up GREAT!

Don't let anyone sway you.

If you want airbags just find a 92-93.

93 SE had side SRS.

Comment

It had side too? I know the 93SE has a passenger side airbag...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Well enough. They are old cars, made to the safety standards of the time they were built. As safe as many of today's cars? Probably not. Safer than a 1985 CRX? Yes.

A number of our members have crashed. None, to my knowledge, have died (one passenger, may she rest in peace...) Only one driver has sustained considerable injuries, and he has since recovered and has purchased another CB7.
                  The majority of the injuries I have seen sustained have come from side impact, which would not be helped by any of the safety things mentioned in this thread anyway.
                  Deev, are you talking about me?

I'm still kickin' it.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Yessir.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      It had side too? I know the 93SE has a passenger side airbag...
                      No only the 93 SE had the side airbag.

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post

I'm still kickin' it.
                      Wait what did i miss....how the fuck did that happen?

Comment

damn ralphie, your almost 2 years behind on the times. lol

yeah, shit sucked, and i couldnt walk for about 4 months...but im back at it headstrong again...sadly my coupe isnt. New coupe should be out this spring or so...

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

oh yeah, and they started the airbags when they started the wagons in 91 guys. and the 93 Se is the only one that came with the passenger side airbag. lol

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Wagons and SEs had airbags in 91, I believe. The LX and DX did not have airbags until 92.

I'm drawing a blank on when the ABS came in. Was it only 92-93 EX, and 93 SE? Did the 10ae have ABS?

I've only owned an LX and a DX.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            No only the 93 SE had the side airbag.
                            That's what I meant. I knew 93 SE had the passenger side airbag, but are you referring to it having an actual side airbag as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                              I hit a tree @ 30mph in my dads 90-91 Accord....maroon.

Yea me and the 3 passengers came out in pretty decent shape...the worst injury was a busted lip and some bruises(because the rear passengers were not wearing seatbelts.

These cars hold up GREAT!

Don't let anyone sway you.

If you want airbags just find a 92-93.

93 SE had side SRS.
                              hmmm... I don't think I'll find a decent running 92-93 SE for $350 anytime soon...

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post

I'm still kickin' it.
                              HOLY SHIT. How did that happen? And how did you get out?

Comment

Working...
                              X