Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I would like to build a Traction Control System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    I fixed my ABS, 2 sensors and the pump motor.
    After some brief reading:
    Haynes makes no mention of servicing the ABS system, they warn you of severe danger and tell you to take it to the dealership.
    Helms tells you much more. From the detailed description in Helms it seems that I need to be able to access the solenoids and control them. There's an abs wiring diagram, but I haven't figured out how to read it yet.

Also, one of the first things I'm going to do is deactivate abs under 10mph. Sliding into an intersection because your breaks are trying to save you is scary!
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Offtopic: where did you get your 2 sensors and a motor from?

Comment

The sensors I got from a member on here. The motor from a local junkyard. I actually bought all 4. Glad I did, because ABS only tells you one thing at a time
        MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          So you would need to upgrade to stuff found on maybe a 2001 accord
          My '01 has TCS. I leave it on and i can hear/feel it kick in occassionally when im on snow/ice. I can definitely feel the difference in handling and driving when it does come on. The TCS light comes on and it helps me note when i have a wheel slipping. Kinda handy, IMO.

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
          Buying already made parts doesn't do a thing for me.
          Yes it does. It saves you the time, money, experimenting, trial and error and overall headache of trying to retrofit one into a car that doesnt one. Im not sure what years or trim levels it came in on the CG accords, but older, 4cyl models can be found for under 3-grand.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Lol @ a traction control system on a 2900lb 90whp car

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

3200lb 190hp car...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

A traction control system would be a rather unique undertaking on a CB7. And they make roughly 100-110whp if they're healthy... Still, if a TCS could be created, those of us that are making twice that amount of power could benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                  The sensors I got from a member on here. The motor from a local junkyard. I actually bought all 4. Glad I did, because ABS only tells you one thing at a time
                  x2. How do i know if my abs sensors went bad?

Comment

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
                    The ABS system will throw an appropriate code. You'll have to look in the section where it tells you how to diagnose for the codes.
                    Diagnose it the same way you do a check engine light.
                    MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I get the feeling that sometimes you try to be opinionated but all I hear is none sense.

You wouldn't be able to just add a traction control system on a 20 year old car because it requires allot of modification beyond the wiring system within the car not only that it also has to interface with the ECU because it needs to monitor engine speed and throttle position.

The ABS is built to detect wheel spin and applies the brakes when necessary.

:edit:

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post

To answer your question he is right about the specific codes..BUT to properly test and see if a sensor is ACTUALLY bad you would need an ALB Tester which is a tool about the size of a small hand held radio.

It has a dail which has different modes (I can't remember the settings off hand) and a 4 pin wire lead that plugs into the orange plug inside the car.

You have to raise the car high enough and turn the dial on the tool itself so it can actually read the sensors as you turn each wheel.
                      Last edited by HenRoc; 01-30-2011, 01:12 AM.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                        I get the feeling that sometimes you try to be opinionated but all I hear is none sense.

You wouldn't be able to just add a traction control system on a 20 year old car because it requires allot of modification beyond the wiring system within the car not only that it also has to interface with the ECU because it needs to monitor engine speed and throttle position.

The ABS is built to detect wheel spin and applies the brakes when necessary.

:edit:

To answer your question he is right about the specific codes..BUT to properly test and see if a sensor is ACTUALLY bad you would need an ALB Tester which is a tool about the size of a small hand held radio.

It has a dail which has different modes (I can't remember the settings off hand) and a 4 pin wire lead that plugs into the orange plug inside the car.

You have to raise the car high enough and turn the dial on the tool itself so it can actually read the sensors as you turn each wheel.
                        Feel free to read most of the responses before you. Almost everything you had to say was mentioned,

The ALB checker is a ~$1200 tool. Download a Helms manual, and follow the troubleshooting chart.
                        MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

What pieces have you picked up so far

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Fork over the $800 for a Racelogic TC unit and be done with it. It'll work better than anything you're going to make.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi sorry to bring this up but idk if you ever did anything with this but incase your still up to it I saw this and thought of this thread:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184928

If im not mistaken under safety, the broshure says traction control, have you looked into that system?

Comment

Originally posted by lilg4mdalbc View Post
                                Hi sorry to bring this up but idk if you ever did anything with this but incase your still up to it I saw this and thought of this thread:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184928

If im not mistaken under safety, the broshure says traction control, have you looked into that system?
                                You're correct, but those are JDM models.

I haven't done anything with it yet. My summer didn't go as planned so I had much less free time. Additionally, if I put the H23 intake on it, I'm afraid I'll go on a power spree and just keep upgrading things.
                                MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                                X