Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

150psi compression test - all 4 cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

150psi compression test - all 4 cylinders

Is this normal?

i see some thread people have 175->190psi

is it because of different elevation?

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
    Is this normal?

i see some thread people have 175->190psi

is it because of different elevation?

DID you crank the motor over with the throttle open?

If not do it again. 150 is not good at allllll.
    750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
    realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

The gauge could be inaccurate. I would be more worried if one of cylinder is way off than the rest.

Use the same gauge on many cars and see what kind of numbers you will get.
      A&P-IA

Comment

OOP. I did not have the throttle open.

I will try it again

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post

Use the same gauge on many cars and see what kind of numbers you will get.
          wrong

Theres a MUCH easier way... guesses anyone?
          realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

it's not about what the numbers are, it's about consistency. there's too many variables for exact numbers.

150 on all four is fine.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              it's not about what the numbers are, it's about consistency. there's too many variables for exact numbers.

150 on all four is fine.
              Wed3k is right. The consistency is the key but if you are worried about the "low" psi then Accord's compression is normal when it's between 9,3-12,3 bar (135-178psi). And i'm not saying that 190psi is not good but those are basicly the boundaries.

Comment

Thank you for all the reply

I learn something new today

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
                  wrong

I am wondering what's wrong about my post.

I am sure there are other ways to certify the gauge set he is using. Like other posters say, to me, having 150 psi on all cylinders is not really the problem but one or two are off by more than 10% is something to think about.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post

150 on all four is fine.
                    Still... 150 indicates there is something really wrong. should be up around 180-185 id think. AND within 10 or so

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

I wonder what kind of numbers the OP will get with Wide Open Throttle.
                      A&P-IA

Comment

Still... 150 indicates there is something really wrong. should be up around 180-185 id think. AND within 10 or so
                        all gauges are different and there's too many variables including battery health and cranking amps.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

wrong

So, what is easier way?
                          A&P-IA

Comment

I've also been told to test compression when your engine has been brought up to operating temp. This allows for proper expansion of rings etc.

Maybe it doesn't matter all that much, but that's how I do it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                              I've also been told to test compression when your engine has been brought up to operating temp. This allows for proper expansion of rings etc.

Maybe it doesn't matter all that much, but that's how I do it.
                              That's how you should do, in my book.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                              X