Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car Died On The Side Of The Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Died On The Side Of The Road

Started up fine with no proplem drove it out of the neighborhood and got about a mile down the road and it cut off. Started it back up for a second and it died again. After that i checked all of the connections and wires, Lastnight i replaced the distributor cap and rotor, that is fine triple checked everything. Novemeber 21st i bought and replaced the Ignitor and it ran SO good. I got a ride from a friend to the parts store and exchanged the few weeks old ignitor one for a brand new one and it still wouldnt start. I tried 2 different times to jump it off. Still no start. I can hear my fuel pump turn on, my battery isnt dead, i have half a tank of gas.. Someone please help me out here ive replaced and cleaned and fixed so much stuff on this car and i still have problems with it..

main relay?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Could be.Id replace that to make sure ^^ But then again it died while driving. Maybe your ignition switch?

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
        Could be.Id replace that to make sure ^^ But then again it died while driving. Maybe your ignition switch?
        Im going to have to replace that.. I feel like buying this car was a bad idea.. i love this car though.

Comment

you don't have to replace the main relay. You can simply resolder all the contacts and it'll be as good as new. They crack when they get old and can lose connectivity sometimes over bumps.

Try drilling holes in the casing when you have it out to keep it cooler when its installed back in the dash.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            you don't have to replace the main relay. You can simply resolder all the contacts and it'll be as good as new. They crack when they get old and can lose connectivity sometimes over bumps.

Try drilling holes in the casing when you have it out to keep it cooler when its installed back in the dash.
            Ill pull it out tomorrow and get a look. Maybe some pictures if its bad.

Comment

Check for spark via at the spark plug...If that checks out, check for fuel. Hopefully the timing belt didnt break..Also could be a ground issue.
              www.PreludePower.com
              BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

but he hears fuel pump which means the main relay is delivering B+ to the pump.

what kind of ignitors are you putting in? id only recommend oem.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The main relay powers multiple things.... I think you need to change the main relay as it is not extremly exspensive at all and then check for a spark issue.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                  PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
                    Check for spark via at the spark plug...If that checks out, check for fuel. Hopefully the timing belt didnt break..Also could be a ground issue.
                    The timing belt didnt break, ill have to check about grounding.

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                    The main relay powers multiple things.... I think you need to change the main relay as it is not extremly exspensive at all and then check for a spark issue.
                    Checked prices on the MR about 45 bucks.. Ill probably just resolder it if that doesnt work ill buy a new one to be sure.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    but he hears fuel pump which means the main relay is delivering B+ to the pump.

what kind of ignitors are you putting in? id only recommend oem.
                    Ehh Duralast Ignition Module.. i dont have 150 bucks to fork out for that.. I replaced the new one i bough nov 21 and that didnt seem to make any difference. Could it be the Alternator?
                    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 12-07-2010, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Coil or ignition switch.

Edit - If you use the green + icon beside the "Quote" button you can multiquote.
                      Just click the green + on all the posts you want to quote, then click quote on the last one.
                      Last edited by evil_demon_01; 12-07-2010, 04:27 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        Coil or ignition switch.

Edit - If you use the green + icon beside the "Quote" button you can multiquote.
                        Just click the green + on all the posts you want to quote, then click quote on the last one.
                        Thanks. When you say Coil do you mean the + and - little box thing under the dist. cap?

Comment

I recently had my internal coil fail on me. You can get a replacement coil and ignitor shipped priority from rockauto for only 80 bucks. Well worth it even if your car is running fine lol just to know you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                            Coil or ignition switch.

Quick question, if it was a bad igntion switch, that would give a no-crank problem? Correct me if Im wrong,
                            www.PreludePower.com
                            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Also, if you can hear the fuel pump prime, your main relay shouldn't be the problem. Just the few seconds of running the fuel pump will be enough pressure to make the car start and run for a few seconds. This is a spark problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X