Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a block h22a head bolt right up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a block h22a head bolt right up?

Ok i been thinking of doing an h22 head swap onto my cb but is there a particular f22 block i need to do an h22 head swap? i heard i will need an f22b block instead of an a f22a1 block how come? or will the h22 head bolt right up to the f22a block?
    and what are the pros and cons on this swap
    if i get any good replys on it im doing it but let me include that i am going boost once i do the swap thinking 15-20 pounds daily driver need suggestions n pros n cons based on the facts i put up i will greatly appreciate it if you guys would help me with your knowledge ofcourse thats why we are all here to ask questions and learn.

the h22 head wont bolt right up to any f22 block
    15-20lbs will blow any stock block
    you would have more luck boosting a stock f22a
    better yet if you want to boost that much do a full build on any motor of your choice

Comment

I wouldn't suggest it. I did a h23 head on mine and it was a pain in the ass to get it to run right, mines also fully built too.

There's about a million threads on it and one that was 2 posts below. If you really want to see what's involved look in the swaps section under the stickies.

Comment

Read more about the basics of turbocharging first. Walk before you run, Danielson. 15 - 20 PSI is alot of boost.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

lol guys i wasnt going todo boost without fully building it for boost obviously...im just asking on this h22 i head they bolt up aparently and i have a friend with a fully built polished head ready for boost for 50 bux he owes me money so he said he would repay me with the head thats why i was asking about the h22 head bolting up to the f22a1 block..so it doesnt bolt up is there a thread i can read that can tell me the pros n cons on this swap and whats needs to be done for the f22 block be joined with a h22 head?

Comment

Buy an H22 longblock and just be done and happy...
            www.PreludePower.com
            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

mike will be in here shortly .... lmao

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

if you can get a rebuilt polished h22 head and you plan on bulinding the block then just pick up an h22 block and build it. why bother using an f22 block? a bare h22 block can be had cheap. so many idiots thing the frm sleeves are crap so they think the blocks are worthless. theyre a dime a dozen.

Comment

It can be done reliably. As said before, look through the swaps section. Is there a specific reason why you want to boost with the h22 head instead of the f22 platform? Might save you alot of trouble if you think the h22 flows better.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

most of the ones built arent reliable unless the block is fully built, and that pretty much negates any reason to do a head swap

Comment

if it is going to be sleeved, sleeve a h22 block so everything is matching.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Waiting on Deev to hop in... atleast you havent used the term "G22"

Remember: F+H=pain in the ass for little gain(unless you have the $$$)
                        Call me Travis.
                        2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                        1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                        1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                        1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

hes tired of people jumping on him and people are tired of other people giving advice when they themselves havent done a headswap.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Deeve hasn't yelled at you yet? haha you're better off just building up your f22. With less than $500 you can get more power than bolting on the h22 head.

Comment

I don't need to jump on anyone anymore. Everyone else does it for me. Apparently I got through to enough people that the truth about these headswaps is getting aruound.

If you know what you're doing, and you have a specific reason based on concrete knowledge to do such a swap... OR you just want to try your hand at doing it... then it's fine. Other than that, it's asking for trouble. If you've never built an engine before, building a hybrid engine is a lousy way to start.

The biggest problems are finding/making a proper head gasket, blocking off oil passgaes, a low compression ratio, a bottom end that's not made to rev as high as the head needs to make power, and dealing with the difference in cylinder bore diameter vs. combustion chamber diameter. That last one is a significant problem becuse a difference there can create sharp edges that will make hotspots... which will eventually lead to motor-destroying detonation. In order to correct this, you can bore out the cylinders... which of course will require custom pistons, which will then require custom rods... in which case, you'd be smart to just sleeve the block... and then you have elminated EVERYTHING that makes that block any different from the H22A block in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X