Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is it possible to install a head gasket wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    here's the deal...

you're not suppose to reuse headbolts but ive been reusing headbolts for many years. I also find that torque to yield bolts will have an angle as a final torque...f22's dont.
    Ive never had a headgasket leak.

you cannot reuse headgaskets.

also, an acidic smell is more like rich a/f mixture.
    i reused them also. so far no problem.

i soak them in oil before i put them in

Comment

so i plugged where the oil was leaking cuz i dont have time or money to take my motor apart plus 5qts/150miles is rediculous, no one has helped me with the rpms dropping the drop when i get out of gear it will hover around 750 then drop to (now) 550 (then) 450-500 then slowly rise back up to 750 and stay there untill i turn the wheels at a stop or let off the brake and reaply it. could this be the oil pressure?
      Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
      Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

is the oil pressure light on?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i would really think about just making the time and replacing the head gasket. with your motor going threw oil THAT fast. you are gonna spend MORE money to keep filling it up then to just replace the gasket. you should deffinately think about replacing the gasket before you worry about the idle as well. if the gasket is leaking and messing with you coolant system it will cause problems for your IACV which partly controls your idle. your IACV could even be clogged with oil (unlikely but possible) from it getting into your coolant system.

Comment

well what is the correct position of the head gasket because i installed it by aligning the cilinters and the two back pins

Comment

The top and bottom are marked accordingly, or at least the top is. The head gasket will line up with the cylinders ether way. However, the rest of the openings require that the head gasket be installed right side up.
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-28-2010, 10:02 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I know this might be a stupid question, but was it torqued to spec. and in sequence?
                www.PreludePower.com
                BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

yes it was torqued to spec and in sequence

Comment

Working...
                  X