Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

IACV question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IACV question

It's possible to delete the IACV? I've an Idle problem because of that and I wanna know. Thanks.

Originally posted by F22BPR View Post
    It's possible to delete the IACV? I've an Idle problem because of that and I wanna know. Thanks.
    clean it with carb/or throttle body cleaner if that doesnt work get a new one i just cleaned mine it worked fine

Comment

Assuming you want to have a CB7 for everyday use with working systems like heat, AC, lights, wipers, etc., that also gets decent miles to a tank, a properly functioning IACV is very important. It lets your CB7 breathe properly the way the transmission lets your engine put power to the ground properly.

Comment

i dont see why would you want to delete it, if its giving you problems just carb clean it like stated before or just go to a jy and get yourself one or get it at a dealer.. but to asnwer your question i dont think you could delete it.
        AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
        JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

I heard that deleting you IACV can help in good shifting...
          I deleted mine (blocked it), and never had any problems...it better in gearing!
          read this thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=iacv+delete

Comment

I still love the IACV blocked off, it's also 1 less source of heat on the IM if left off. It must be plugged in though, regardless of location or a resistor could be used to fool the ecu I suppose.

Comment

I had mine blocked for a year or so, it idled perfect and driveability was fine until I turned on the AC. I don't use AC much so that wasn't a big deal. Re-installed the IACV when I put in the Gude cam and reset the idle, haven't looked back. Driveability is great.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Finally, I did the soda can blocking and It works great Thanks Pedroalcala...
                Last edited by F22BPR; 01-06-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrOoKlYnBoUnDcb View Post
                  if its giving you problems just carb clean it like stated before or just go to a pick n pull jy and get yourself one, there free all day long.... Brand new I've seen them go for $230.
                  Spend money on electric parts at the JY= bad idea.

Comment

Don't remove your IACV

Originally posted by F22BPR View Post
                    Yes, you can delete it.

As it has already been stated, you would be creating another problem in your attempt to solve this one.

The Idle Air Control Valve does exactly what it implies: it controls air entering the motor to sustain your idle. Without your IACV, you would have to control the air manually. You would have to slip the car into neutral and feather the throttle at every stop. If you let it drop too low or fail to keep the throttle open a bit, the car will stall out.

I'm speaking from experience...

I had a vac leak with my CVCC idle control system on my 1986 Honda Accord LX-Sedan. I couldn't find this leak and drove for months without the idle control system, trust me when I say that gets real old real fast. At first, I controlled the idle as I described above, but after awhile that got real annoying and I would just let the car stall at every light. Then it was just embarrassing with people in the car. Everyone asked "did your car just shut off?", "yeah, I know", "well, is it going to turn back on?", "yeah ".

Trust me, fix your IACV.
                    1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
                    C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
                    MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
                    ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
                    You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

I just block it and there's no signs of problem after the idle setting. I think it's running a bit better....

Comment

Working...
                      X