Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ABS + E-brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS + E-brake light

Hey guys, just picked up my CB7. She has nearly 500k on it but seems to be running strong. She needs belts and a few other bits and bobs but gets me from A-B fine. I have a few lights on that sort of worry me.

My ABS light is on, unsure of the cause, didnt test to see if the ABS system was working.

Also, the E-brake light is on. It is definitely not seized. With my MX-6 the light would come on when brake fluid is low. Is this a possibility? I didn't have time to check as its freezing cold out side right now.

Also, my muffler is pooched. What are some good aftermarket set ups that are budget friendly? (This is just a winter car ATM)

brake fluid level is low or float is stuck
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Pull the ABS code the same way you pull a check engine light, from there we can figure out the problem

And the BRAKE light lets you know if your ebrake is on or if your low on brake fluid, check your brake fluid.

If the ABS light is on the ABS is not working, the light comes on to alart you of the system being disabled.

Is this 500k miles or kilometers?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        Is this 500k miles or kilometers?
        Either way great job!

For me at least, the abs system would only tell me one code at a time. I replaced 2 abs sensors before it told me my pump was bad. Make sure you consider this before you put money into it.

Don't forget about the timing belt, because it's far more important than all the others.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

It has 435k kilometers.

The ABS light seems to routinely shut on and off. I did notice ABS working today though.

I'll check the brake fluid when its in the garage, its cold as hell outside.

Did the EX-R not come with a spoiler stock? Mine is spoiler-less, but has AC, power locks, sun roof. I figured it was an EX-R because of the sunroof etc.

(In canada it is the EX-R, equiv to your EX. Our EX is your LX. ETC.)

Comment

Not all EXR's had spoilers. they were factory options that got put on at the dealership in canada.

As for your ABS light, check the fuse, i know alot of us canadians pull the fuse on the fuse panel. Personally, i hate ABS.
            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

I have a parking brake light on, but my fluid is good and the float moves freely. The parking brake light goes off whenever the clutch is in, but comes right back on when the clutch comes out. I have also checked my clutch fluid and it is full as well. I have spent a couple days under the steering wheel checking wires and nothing is exposed or rubbing anywhere that I can see. Any ideas ?

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
              WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

Still no solving my ABS light. I checked my brake fluid and it was fine. light turned off temporarily but is now back on. Also, what is the DRL light? I assume daytime running light but it seems to almost flicker on and off during my drive.

What would cause my brights not to turn on? They didnt respond at all at one point, but then randomly started working!

Comment

Originally posted by KLZCya View Post
                  Still no solving my ABS light. I checked my brake fluid and it was fine. light turned off temporarily but is now back on. Also, what is the DRL light? I assume daytime running light but it seems to almost flicker on and off during my drive.

What would cause my brights not to turn on? They didnt respond at all at one point, but then randomly started working!
                  DRL does infact stand for day time running lights

It runs your high beams at 50% brightness durring the day when you put the car in drive or move it

As for your ABS, check the ABS code Ill even link you to the guide

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=abs

Comment

I was unaware CB7s had DRLs. Is this what's supposed to go to the left of the check engine light"
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                      I was unaware CB7s had DRLs. Is this what's supposed to go to the left of the check engine light"
                      They only had it in canada because it becamse manditory for all cars in 1991

Stupidly enough the SRS light goes left of the check engine light and the DRL light goes on the right side where the SRS light is on USDM cars.

Comment

What would cause the DRL light to flicker? It seems to randomly go on and off. I'll try to diagnose the ABS light this weekend when I can get to my parents' house as they have a heated garage. Thanks again all. I'll post again once I figure out the code.

Comment

Working...
                        X