Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad Fuel Level Sensor or Horrible Gas Mileage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Fuel Level Sensor or Horrible Gas Mileage ?

here's my gas needle at 98 miles. . .

26 miles later . . .

it's on E by 200 at the most . could my fuel level sensor be bad or just burning that much gas ?

Mine used to do that. Complete maintenance and non winter driving brought it up. Winter is 300 and summer is 400. Run fuel system cleaner, especially in the summer. You'll see 30 mpg, city.
    It may sound mean, but; Grow some balls.
    After my needle hits E, I can sometimes go for 100 miles.
    I've ran out twice.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Well this seems pretty simple to figure out. When it hits E how much gas are you putting into the tank? If you hit E after 200 miles and only put in 7 gallons obviously the sending unit for the fuel gauge is bad. If you put in 14 or 15 gallons(not sure exactly how big our tanks are) then your getting some really bad mileage.

My wagon just averaged 25mpg and I was rodding on it now and then

Comment

Originally posted by BBCorvette18Pun View Post
        Well this seems pretty simple to figure out. When it hits E how much gas are you putting into the tank? If you hit E after 200 miles and only put in 7 gallons obviously the sending unit for the fuel gauge is bad. If you put in 14 or 15 gallons(not sure exactly how big our tanks are) then your getting some really bad mileage.

We have 17 gallon tanks
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I filled up today at 217 : took 13 gallons soo its getting about 17 miles per gallon . I'm guessing that's not normal .

Comment

Originally posted by mjsstanley View Post
            I filled up today at 217 : took 13 gallons soo its getting about 17 miles per gallon . I'm guessing that's not normal .
            It really depends on how you drive and the type of driving you do. If your doing all highway and not hitting WOT all the time then yea you should be getting better than 17.

However if your doing mostly city driving and have a heavy right foot then 17mpg is probably about right

Comment

all city driving, ive still got better than 20mpg...
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...a_Accord.shtml

Ask 10 different people this question and you'll get 10 different answers.
                Last edited by JoshM; 01-24-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Does your gauge bounce up and down? and out of gas light come on even thought th needle isn't on E?

Comment

IS your car running rich or leaking fuel. If not then its just your driving habits and the area you drive. In my old celica I could get 24mpg for one tank and 14 for the next. it all depends on how hard you flog on it.

Same with my X-runner supposed to get 18-22 mpg and I never got better than 14. It was supercharged and I liked to have fun in it tho lol.

I never calculated the fuel mileage in my corvette but if it got/gets better than 8mpg I'd be shocked

Comment

Originally posted by svgnewbie View Post
                      Does your gauge bounce up and down? and out of gas light come on even thought th needle isn't on E?
                      The needle bounces back and forth all the time . I tried to run it out once to see how many miles I would get and I drove on E for about three days ( not a lot of driving ) but I'm not sure it ran out because I parked it one night , went to start it the next morning ( VERY cold morning ) and it wouldn't start . Put a can of gas in , started up but I'm not sure if it was the weather of if it was really empty . Gas light never came on , never has .

Comment

IS your car running rich or leaking fuel. If not then its just your driving habits and the area you drive. In my old celica I could get 24mpg for one tank and 14 for the next. it all depends on how hard you flog on it.

Same with my X-runner supposed to get 18-22 mpg and I never got better than 14. It was supercharged and I liked to have fun in it tho lol.

I never calculated the fuel mileage in my corvette but if it got/gets better than 8mpg I'd be shocked
                        It runs really rich at idle , idles low while driving . No signs of fuel leak besides maybe fuel burning off somewhere in the engine bay ?? Smokes after 4000 RPM . I never really drive heavy , always shift around 3000 RPM .

Comment

Working...
                        X