Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

alternatives to aftermarket rods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternatives to aftermarket rods?

i just found out that bisimoto will not be making his steel rods for the f22 so this puts my build on hold...i was wondering if stock rods could stand up to 200whp with arp bolts?

Stock rods should be able to laugh at a measly 200 whp.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
      Stock rods should be able to laugh at a measly 200 whp.
      for sure . they can hold it .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

another option is having your stock rods shot peened which increases strength. The stock rods should be able to hand up to 300hp and the f22 usually fails not because of the rods but because of the pistons. The ring lands are weak and are usually the first to go.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

It depends if the power goals are with turbo, or without.

200hp with turbo, the stock rods will be fine. As said above, the ringlands will be the weak spot here.
          200hp N/A, you should at the very least upgrade the rod bolts with ARP bolts, as you mentioned. That won't guarantee that it won't break, but it'll at least increase the chances of survival. A high-revving N/A motor puts the rods through hell!

There are other sources for rods, I'm sure. Bisimoto has the best F22 parts around, but if you do your research, you could find something else. I think Probe made F22 rods... not sure if they still do. Not top quality, but for 200hp they should be plenty strong enough as long as you're not planning to rev to 9k like crazy.

Comment

I dont think that I will be revving to 9k....but the motor will be n/a. I will do more research on where I can find rods, but if nothing comes up in a good price range then stock rods it is!

Comment

Just be careful. If you snap a rod, you could throw a piston into the head. If you put work into the head, you're putting that investment at risk. Might be best to just save up for some quality aftermarket rods, even if they're pricey!

Comment

Keep in mind there are other options for aftermarket rods, such as Crower and RaceEng. They are more expensive however, but will give you the same piece of mind as Bisimoto, possibly even more. Increasing your budget by an extra 450 or so shouldn't be too much, at the most maybe push you back by about 3-6 months. But I could be assuming too much. Also keep in mind that H23 and B20A5 rods work as well should you find some.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Actually thanks to hondafan81 he gave me the website for the probe rods, and they are about 20 bucks cheaper than bisi's rods. THANKS MAN!

Comment

Damn

well with my luck probe discontiued their rods....soo., i happened to look on summitracing.com and found carrillo rods for the h23a1, i just wanted to know if these would work fine or not. heres the link: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CNN-HNH2365581H0/

edit: just found the specs on the stock rods and the ones from probe to match to the carrillo rods and the measurements match up.
                    Last edited by mikecb7LX92; 02-11-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

$303 a peice.... same rods i have in my motor, H23 rods in f22 block

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

just replace the rod bolts with arp's and call it a day
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I just don't trust the stock rods all like that man....I been putting a lot of money in it just for a rod to go thru the block, by the way lodollar how are they holding up for you?

Comment

The stock rods are probably made better than half the aftermarket stuff out there... certainly better than any aftermarket that is going to work with OEM pistons.
                            People always assume that if it's a "stock" part that it has to be weak and crappy. That's very rarely the case!

Comment

That's the thing tho deev they aren't for oem pistons, I got 12:1 bisi pistons

Comment

Working...
                              X