Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is an old thread but a honda was stolen in my area and gutted. I seen the car when it was recovered ,now its smashed up and missing tons of parts. This got me purty scured. So how did u get the switch to stay in place?all the swithes i see at home depot doesnt have a flange to screw to a surface .thanks pal.

Comment

thats a stupid place to put it. all a theif would have to do is look down.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

now get some maroon (ugh) color match spraypaint and give it a few light coats, along with some random crap like an ice scraper etc youll *hardly* notice it. If i went this route Id find one of those toggle switches with the flip up cover and gut and attach a carmex container over it good innovation

Comment

Dude that is so cool! If I did that too mine I don't think they'd ever find it, that little pocket is stuffed with receipts & glasses. lol

Comment

i seen kill swish that u use a button on the dash to just start the thing.it looks oem and no one knows its there.

Comment

I may be putting one in this week end. We will be tapping in from the two wires along door floor. Friend is not sure of the wires. MY problem is placement of the switch. Anywhere near the dash will eventually be pushed. I have a wagon, so not too many places.....except if I don't mind going into back seat. There is a arm rest fold down between the seats. When up, I have noticed a bit of room to put something there. So I tested it with a small GPS device. I got out the match box sized part,put it in and put the arm up and road around...nothing fell out. So I'm thinking, I can put the switch there under the cloth...big deal if I have to go to the back seat to press it every time,beats going out and not seeing it to press. Up front arm rest is a idea too,just under the cloth.
              Last edited by SilverShadow; 08-01-2013, 10:43 AM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
              New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
              My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Over the years of reading about kill switch installs, the best I've ever seen was someone who wired the ignition to the rear door window switch. You had to hold down the passenger window switch while starting the car.

If it was a standard you could also wire it to the clutch button too.

Comment

↑ That would take a contortionist to do if you are all alone and a foot down on clutch too another on the gas...!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                    ↑ That would take a contortionist to do if you are all alone and a foot down on clutch too another on the gas...!
                    I meant one or the other. I like the window switch idea personally.

Comment

I think the fuel pump cut kill switch is ideal

If I was going to install a kill switch on a cb7, I would probably modify the hazard light switch and use that in the OEM location. Nobody would ever suspect that unles they already knew you had done that.

How often do you use your hazards? An aftermarket kill switch will scream "AFTERMARKET SWITCH TO SOMETHING" anywhere you install it.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                        I think the fuel pump cut kill switch is ideal

If I was going to install a kill switch on a cb7, I would probably modify the hazard light switch and use that in the OEM location. Nobody would ever suspect that unles they already knew you had done that.

How often do you use your hazards? An aftermarket kill switch will scream "AFTERMARKET SWITCH TO SOMETHING" anywhere you install it.
                        Good point. i like that idea.

Comment

I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING SIMILAR TO MINE, AWESOME JOB

Comment

All the thief will have to do is hit everyone till he hits that one. I also would like one at end of glove box...just reach in a push all the crap out of the way a push it on..lastly...a face,voice recognition or finger print one. Maybe even a small card like the key chain market size ones? Ultimate → eye ball scan! Super Ultra → DNA SCAN!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                              All the thief will have to do is hit everyone till he hits that one. I also would like one at end of glove box...just reach in a push all the crap out of the way a push it on..lastly...a face,voice recognition or finger print one. Maybe even a small card like the key chain market size ones? Ultimate → eye ball scan! Super Ultra → DNA SCAN!
                              I disagree.

A thief is not going to assume the OEM 20+ year old hazard light switch is now a kill switch.

When the theif hotwires the car, slide hammers the ignition or whatever approach they take to steal the car-its still going to turn over.

It just won't have fuel pressure.

Now a traditionally functioning kill switch usually gives itself away. People don't usually wire a kill switch to allow the ignition to turn over. If the motor is turning over, theives don't suspect a kill switch. They think they did something wrong or the car isn't mechanically up to par.

No turning over, just saw the car isnt even turning over-yeah, obviously theres a kill switch hidden somewhere.

my thoughts anyways.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

i always pondered in using my cruise control switch as a kill switch and still be able to use the cruise control
                                FRIENDS
                                DONT LET
                                FRIENDS
                                ROLL ON
                                ROTA'S

Comment

Working...
                                X