Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Driver window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver window

So for a while I was having problems with my window. It would come off track and the motor would stop. So then finally it stopped working altogether. My question is if it is stuck in the up position how do I get the window out to replace the motor and regulator? Thanks for the help. I am a noob to this never had power windows.

youve gotta pull off the driver side door panel, then force it down, unhook it from the window, and it should pull out if everything is unbolted

Comment

So I can just force it down? I think I tried that but it wouldn't go.

Comment

My second driver side window motor blew, within 1 year. I adjusted the window rails perfect both times and they end up messing up again.

Is this a common issue?

Comment

Originally posted by SPAC3MAN View Post
          My second driver side window motor blew, within 1 year. I adjusted the window rails perfect both times and they end up messing up again.

Is this a common issue?
          They indeed are, sad to say. Nevertheless, I've seen newer cars with the same issue in less time.
          Keep in mind also, these cars are 20 years old, and that drivers window gets a work-out.
          I've gone through one motor in 15 years ..

The sad thing is, they do have a tendancy to wanna shift around and get out of line.
          Some never have had the issue, yet so many others have.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
            So I can just force it down? I think I tried that but it wouldn't go.
            well you can unbolt it from the rail and let it go down, but make sure you can put it back up incase of rain

and the back door windows suck! they are cable guided, an the plastic pieces like breaking, i had to do the same one when i first got my car

Comment

Heh. Actually I already unbolted it to get it all the way up. Didnt think about doin that to get it off, and that kinda sucks about the back because my rear passenger window has been acting like its about to die too.

Comment

Heh. Actually I already unbolted it to get it all the way up. Didnt think about doin that to get it off, and that kinda sucks about the back because my rear passenger window has been acting like its about to die too.
                replacing the back passenger motor isnt any harder than replacing the front driver, id just get the motors and hit them both at the same time

Comment

In order to take the door panel off how many screws did you guys take off? For some odd reason I only find like 4 and it still doesn't come off.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Ill hopefully get this done this weekend. To Da Fez did you pop out all the clips that the door panel locks in with? There are a bunch around the edge.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Ill hopefully get this done this weekend. To Da Fez did you pop out all the clips that the door panel locks in with? There are a bunch around the edge.
                      there are also some screws that are awkward to get to, you might end up breaking off the bracket like i did =/

Comment

Originally posted by Da Fez View Post
                        In order to take the door panel off how many screws did you guys take off? For some odd reason I only find like 4 and it still doesn't come off.
                        There's a sticky for it somewhere. In short:
                        Take off all the screws and tabs you can see. Take out the screw from the door handle and slide the handle backwards. Slowly pop out the rivets until the panel is loose. It should move like a hinge against the window. Pull it upwards and disconnect any wires.
                        MRT
                        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                        Originally posted by Tippey764
                        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

hmm it gets loose but it seems like it has like one screw on somewhere. I took all the screws I could see plus the ones next to the door handle.... Maybe I'm just missing something stupid

Comment

You got the one in the armrest? Where is it stuck at? Its probably just the clips.

Comment

Working...
                            X