Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fuse box/Alarm questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse box/Alarm questions

Soo Im trying to figure out why the alpine alarm that I got in my CB7 isnt working. I want to know if these 4 raw wire pins are powered by anything? any help would be appreciated

I only see 3?
    IIRC, those are for accessories. I used one when I installed my fogs, and there was one already used.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Theres 4, and theyre numbered 1, 2, 3, and 5? lol is there an fuse's for them or something? Three are already used and theyre occupied by my alarm, but im trying to figure out if the brain died or if its just not getting power

no i dont have a voltmeter or know how to use one lol

Comment

No offense but if You don't know how to use a volt meter or a test light you shouldn't be trying to diagnose a alarm
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

1&2 are 12v switched, but 2 has a limit of about 5 amps while the A/C is on. 3 is 12v w/ parking lights and 5 is 12v constant. The pins in the fuse box aren't really a proper source for an alarms power though.

Comment

ok thanks, ill just re-wire the whole thing

Comment

Y waste your time, test for power at the brain (red wire) and then test for ground. If you have both then you either have a transmitter issue or a brain issue. If You don't have power up there you have a connection problem.

You may be at the same spot after you fiqure out how to rewire it
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Well i was just going to get a reliable 12v constant source, re wire the white and yellow wire to it. and find out where the ground wire for the brain is leading too, or even if it is grounded.

again, i dont have a voltmeter and dont know how to use one. and i wont be seeing my brother for a couple days. soo i thought it would be a straight foward step

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=y7Q1N-iu71w

http://www.google.com/m?hl=en&gl=us&...ter+in+the+car

If its a working source of power then your wasting your time. Sometime in your life of owning a car you will need to know and understand how to use a voltmeter like in diagnosing battery voltagr, alternator, determining if yiur getting power to a light bulb.....so start learning.

If it is a standard working alarm and you hook up the yellow to a 12 volt source and dont check if its ignition and doesnt stay 12v while cranking then the feature of starter disable for the alarm wont work. Get my point, if You don't know about alarms don't go in and try to repair things.

If you really want to see if you got a reliable source of 12v, take that red wire and tag the white wire in the ignition harness temporary (constant 12v) or run a line to the battery outside the car temporarily and see if the alarm works.

But never forget the ground of the alarm to that's also just as important as the 12v power.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                  X