Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch problem

Alright i get done doin a budget paint job on my cb and the clutch falls to the floor

It seemed alittle wet under the master so i replaced it(what a pita)

Well that wasnt it...it a seems there is a point were the hoses connect between the slave and master and it is very wet there.

Heres the problem where can i get that piece and what is it called? Its right on top of the trans and by the trans mount. The slave is fine and the master is fine.

Anyone know?

Comment

I think the piece on top of the trans is the slave cylinder.

What does your "budget paint job" have to do with it?
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Yes, please keep your threads on topic... All we need is some noob coming in here saying "how did u paint ur car bro?" and then the thread will be deleted.

That piece is just a joint. A bit odd, IMO... I don't know why it exists. I also don't know why it would leak from there, so you may have to replace one of your hard lines.

Go to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and look through their online catalog. You'll see a clear diagram of all the parts associated with the clutch system, what they're called, and how much they are to replace.

Comment

Well the steel hose go's to the slave cylinder run's up to a (kinda like a block) bolted down by where your shifter cables hook up just to the right of the mount and the rubber hose bolts to it.Is that what you are talking about?That is just to move fluid from the soft to hard line.I would just to to a junk yard but it might be the rubber hos going to it.
          Last edited by thepowderblue; 04-17-2011, 04:06 PM.
          Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
          93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Are you talking about the trans fluid cooling lines?
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

No, he's talking about the part where the soft line meets the hard line. This has nothing to do with coolant lines.

I actually forgot there was a soft line. Chances are, that's what's leaking.

Comment

manual transmission's don't have cooling lines. The only fluid lines a M/T will have will go to the speed sensor and power streering fluid go's threw it and I think it help's you turn when you are going slow like in a parking lot,
                Last edited by thepowderblue; 04-17-2011, 04:45 PM.
                Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Also true.
                  Man, I am not on top of these things today... That's what I get for bouncing between this and mind-numbing paperwork.

Comment

I was just saying about the paint job cause its just my luck. Fix one thing and another breaks.

Now u guys are correct it is the block on top of the trans. deeve thanks for the link. Who ever said it was the rubber line is correct. It is soaked from underneith the line.

Comment

that website is great..alot of help. thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X